Apple owned with the "new" iPad so I wonder...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmamanx, Mar 12, 2012.

1. mmamanx

mmamanx Member
    Bronze

IMO the iPad is the best tablet out their now, no question those specs are killer!

Much different from how everyone was so disappointed with the 4S (even though it still sold ****loads xD)

So now that it has the tablets dominated I wonder if they wanna blow everyone away with the IP5 as well?

So it got me thinking since they passed everyone up with the new ipad in terms of specs especially in resolution do you think Apple will step it up a a big notch? Most say that the 5 will most likely have a 4' screen but at what res? 960 wouldn't be too bad as we have now but it would lower the ppi and with all these Androids with 720p it wont have bragging rights anymore like the iPhone 4, what if they went 1080p! Possible? Imagine how sick that would be!

New Design
    4' 1080p
    12mp (wishful thinking as 8mp is fine)
    Quad Core
    1gb ram
    64gb (80? xD)
    higher res FFC
    New ios update?

That would be killer! Your thoughts? I love my 4S but I will admit I was a bit disappointed at first.

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I'm pretty confident the next iPhone will cause quite a stir but I doubt it will do it with a 1080p screen. The benefits of such a resolution has vastly diminishing returns on a screen so small. But who knows what the market will drive them to do...

3. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

How much you wanna bet it will just be called The New iPhone? :)

4. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I agree that there isn't much more that can be done to enhance the iPhone screen short of making it just a bit larger. I have a feeling the wow factor of 'the new iPhone' will be a new form factor, better camera, and perhaps quad core CPU and/or GPU. Even more than these though, I bet a new version of ios will be released that will have things that floor us. Only time will tell!

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No way. Too much backlash from their mess up this time with the iPad.
    Who knows. A lot of time between now and October when it comes out.

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd bet money.

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

What backlash? The New iPad is selling out. No one really cares what it's called. No doubt the new iPhone will follow suit.

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I would take that bet. All day long

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Didn't say people wouldn't buy it but I know people hate the name and think it is going to be confusing. What are they going to call the next one? The newer iPad? How do you do tech support or identify yours?

10. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I think we've been through all this in other threads, haven't we? They've gotten along just fine calling all their Macbooks, iPods, iMacs, etc. by a common name all this time. It just makes sense for them to go that route with their iPhone and iPad lines.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

In the Keynote they might refer to it as "the new iPhone," but if they do, it will be listed as "iPhone (sixth generation)" on their website. Most people will refer to it as the 2012 iPhone or 6th generation iPhone, but other names such as V6 will probably pop up as well. "The new iPhone" and "The new iPad" aren't really official names. It's just "iPad" and it's listed as "iPad (3rd generation)" on their website.

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm waiting for Kevin to come back, so I can call him the new NapoleonPhoneapart.

13. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

This. They aren't going to call it "the new iPad" forever. It's just "iPad." They're saying "the new" to distinguish it from the others.

But yes, how many different versions of the iPod Classic have there been? Yet it's always just been the iPod.

It'll just be called "iPhone." And yes, I think we're beyond due a radically different iPhone, especially if they wait until September/October again.

My theory is they're milking all they can out of devices that Steve personally had a hand in. He probably had something to do with the next few total redesigns (that wouldn't include the 4S and the 3rd-gen iPad, IMO), so the NEXT iPad and iPhone, etc., we see will still have Steve's fingerprint on them.

14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Same with new cars. Folks don't get confused when you say the new Honda Accord. They're gonna have to stop numbering them eventually anyway, and they can't come up with a new, original name every year either. I'm satisfied with 'the new iPad'. That's what I call the new stuff anyway. Every year I get the new iPhone. Every year I get the new iPad. But I see where you're coming from, Scott.

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Most people say I have an 03 accord or 2012 accord.

16. psylichon

psylichon Genius

So call it the 2012 iPhone.

17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Now is this like cars when the 2013's come out summer of 2012? Lol

18. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Hey, Dave.
    Check your PM lately?
    Europa suggested I ask you for some help with an iFile audio issue.

On topic, don't care what they call it. I'll call it mine!