Apple Pay Do you have a supporting bank?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Apple pay does support visa, Mc, and Amex. Maybe the supporting banks part is in regards to transactions in the brick and mortar bank itself - an alternative to swiping your debit card and entering your PIN.
That's what I was trying to figure out. What could we possibly use Pay for in a branch bank? ATM? Would Pay eliminate human tellers jobs?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
when I go to Bank of America, before I do any transaction with a teller, I have to swipe my debit card and enter my pin to verify my identity. I'm thinking Apple pay will replace that process, or similar ones at other banks. I think the actual transaction would be conducted normally afterwards.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I may have call my bank and threaten to move my money elsewhere, if they don't support Apple Pay. That should work! :D

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My bank is on board. It's like they couldn't wait to tell us all about it. I've got an email and then it's the first thing on the Chase banking App when I open it to do my business.

I'm so glad, that should make transactions easy going with Chase, Apple and participating stores.

OOO and Whole Foods is on board. That's Awesome.

I'm going to like this a lot.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i bank with chase, i think that was the main bank when apple pay was shown. but im not worried about my bank...i worried about no places having the ability to use apple pay.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Bank of America now requires you to actually call them for them to manually enter in your card for Apple Pay. They asked me if I have a verbal code to verify myself, I couldn't remember if I did or not. Then they wanted my license number to verify myself, so yeah obviously I was like..."I do not want to do that." I've never had to call them when putting my BofA card into Apple Pay. That's ridiculous. I'll just stick with Capital One as all I have to do for that is open up the Wallet application.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Bank of America now requires you to actually call them for them to manually enter in your card for Apple Pay. They asked me if I have a verbal code to verify myself, I couldn't remember if I did or not. Then they wanted my license number to verify myself, so yeah obviously I was like..."I do not want to do that." I've never had to call them when putting my BofA card into Apple Pay. That's ridiculous. I'll just stick with Capital One as all I have to do for that is open up the Wallet application.
I think my credit union will probably tell me to call in as well once they activate Apple Pay. I've had a password on my accounts there since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, so it'll only be a one-time issue for me.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I think my credit union will probably tell me to call in as well once they activate Apple Pay. I've had a password on my accounts there since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, so it'll only be a one-time issue for me.
I probably have a password as well, but wasn't sure. I didn't have to call them before to activate it, ridiculous I'd say, but I turned off passcode on iPhone to fix an issue, and that removed the cards sadly. That means I HAVE to have passcode lock enabled. That's annoying.