Apple Picking...Let's all be careful

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Sharunda, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

At first this video had me angry until I saw the guy smiling and the other guys laughing and smiling as well. I guess all he could do is laugh.

I don't know if this was staged or not. Nevertheless, Everyone be careful with your iPhone out here. The holiday's are coming up and there are desperate people out there who can snatch your iPhone in an instant.

The bus and train are prime harvesting areas for Apple Picking as well. There are loads of videos showing iPhone thefts on public transportation. We've got to be alert, and aware of our surroundings.

If you have any Apple Picking stories or videos or advice, please post it here.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You should have seen me on the DC Metro when I got home from Utah with my new Plus...

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have a strong feeling that it was staged. :)

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I thought so to, but it's a good tool to show people who have no clue what could happen. I really didn't like his reaction afterword. That really makes this look staged. A co-worker said he's probably going to replace it right away so he doesn't even care. Everyone said they would have given chase better than that. IDK what I would have done besides be ultra upset (p*ssed off). Really mad at myself for not being more careful.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Honestly I wouldn't have done any chasing but I would of course call the popos.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I can imagine! I was extra careful on the train going to work from the 5th Ave store when I bought my iPhone 6+. I didn't want anyone to even see me take it out. I had a good seat virtually alone so it was okay. Then the rest of the week and the week after it was hidden and I didn't take it out while commuting. Now, I see others with the Plus and it's much much better on the train. In fact I saw a dude with a nude 6+ this morning and I expressed that he should get a case ASAP because its just too slippery to be without some form of protection.

I'm glad more people are finally getting their orders so it's not so lonely out here with the Gigantic 6+ commanding everyone's attention while in use. When the guy and I were talking about the 6+ this morning we did have an audience. No one spoke, but they did watch as we played with our 6+'s. None of them were on the take though, just interested.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You can say "pissed off," Adnurahs.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Wasn't sure. Thanks! (y)

Oh :sneaky: Slick using my street name. :ROFLMAO: I decided it was time to use my gobment name on the forum like an adult.:D

9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

This is a much needed post. Thanks Sharunda for starting it. When I'm in a busy place, I'm careful of my surroundings and keep my iPhone 6 Plus concealed. I always carry it in a secure holster and then keep a shirt or sweater over it. The only way a thief could take it from me is with a weapon or by force, but then there would be a fight on their hands.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

You're welcome. When I saw that video no matter if it was staged or not, I had to share it.

The Gigantic iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are hot items right now. :cautious: We've got to be aware and alert of our surroundings. None of us want to be a victim of any kind of thievery that we'd be kicking ourselves later for if it ever happened. :( I shoulda done this, I coulda been more aware. If only I was't looking down. :unsure:Blah, blah, blah. My hope is with contributions, stories and ideas on how to be safe, this post could help someone think about their safety. :)

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

It's great to live in a concealed carry state. If they grab it, just shoot em!

12. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

God Bless Texas!!

13. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

This is what I would do!

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If one loves their precious iPhone 6 / any iPhone, they should do almost anything for it back. :)