Apple Planning Host of iPhone Updates!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I caught this on the Appleinsider site:

While the more cautious phone buyers have stayed away from the iPhone for numerous practical reasons, one source claims that Apple's handset is due to solve most of these problems with upgrades in coming months -- many of which will arrive with or before the company's Mac OS X upgrade...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...se_source.html

Jun 26, 2007
If this is true this will fix a lot of capability complaints!

• Instant Chat
  • Customized ringtones
  • Disc capability
  • Fully fledged file browser for saving and opening files
  • Microsoft exchange to be fully integrated with iPhonewhen Office for macintosh released
  • Flash

Draven

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Aaaand, reading about the file-browser and disc capability just pushed me right back into deciding to get the 8gig, instead of the 4.

Damn you Apple, damn you! Lol :laugh2:

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
why woudn't anyone what an iPhone

what does the file browser do anyway?
I can't wait for updates to the iPhone. its like anticipation just as the launch was. i never anticipated updates for a phone. why wouldn't anyone want an iPhone if updates will come and then boom the day they come out you have new features and its like new again and your cooler because you can show it off again to people that don't have the iPhone. oh and i have an idea for everyone... charge $1 to everyone that you demo it to . I would have made 20 or 30 bucks already . lol:laugh2:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
This is not suprising news, of course Apple knowsw what is wrong with iPhone and of course they are working on updates...I really think that to hold off until leopard to release these update is a horrible idea for everyone because there are a few minuscule problems that if not fixed soon, may drive customers away...

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
File browser

The file browser would be the iPhone equivalent of the Finder on your Mac. It allows you to browse through the files on your system.

what does the file browser do anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind a lot of these "web apps" but if they are going to make web apps a big deal a good password manager is needed. If this is a version of OSX then we need to have a version of Keychain on the phone. I have a completely different password for almost everything that I can't easily remember (normally a longer string of numbers and letters and more and more I am using other characters as well.) As it is the current iPhone environment is not encouraging good security practices especially in the area of passwords