Apple pledges to fix longstanding iMessage bug in upcoming iOS update

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How convenient. Days after a lawsuit, they issue a statement to re/code about a fix coming.

Let's not forget that iMessage isn't exactly Apple's finest moment. People who use it regularly complain about delayed messages and so on.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
How convenient. Days after a lawsuit, they issue a statement to re/code about a fix coming.
Someone should have sued them sooner.
Let's not forget that iMessage isn't exactly Apple's finest moment. People who use it regularly complain about delayed messages and so on.
I tend to disagree. Aside from the difficulty in deactivating after switching to Android (which can typically be prevented if you toggle it off before switching), I think it's a good service. It isn't perfect and it has occasional glitches, but in general, I think people really like it. It's free, you can see delivered/read receipts, you can see when someone is typing, you can use it when you have WiFi but no cell signal, and you can even text iPads and iPods. iMessages is one of the big reasons that I stick with iOS.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
... iMessages is one of the big reasons that I stick with iOS.
iMessage and FaceTime are the two biggest reasons I have stuck with Apple.
I totally disagree.

I'm OK with iMessage because (when it's working), you can use the same UI to interact with Apple and non-Apple friends. On the other hand, any of the good IM solutions will provide the same capabilities that iMessage provides, but for ALL my friends, Mac/PC, iOS/Android/Windows.

Face time I just refuse. Totally closed, only iOS and Mac/OS. That leaves out a boatload of my friends.

These two apps are examples of why I'd drop Apple, not stick to it.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I totally disagree.

I'm OK with iMessage because (when it's working), you can use the same UI to interact with Apple and non-Apple friends. On the other hand, any of the good IM solutions will provide the same capabilities that iMessage provides, but for ALL my friends, Mac/PC, iOS/Android/Windows.

Face time I just refuse. Totally closed, only iOS and Mac/OS. That leaves out a boatload of my friends.

These two apps are examples of why I'd drop Apple, not stick to it.
It's Ok. I totally disagree with you, too.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I've tried so many times to 'get into' iMessage, and I'm yet to fully embrace it. I hope Apple fix all the issues with iMessage.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums