Apple quietly handling iPhone touchscreen issues?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
well they should handle mine there are times the screen is totally unresponsive then suddenly jumps into action or others it won't delete then it goes buck wild on the deletes ugggh!

Jul 21, 2007
Mine has been doing this ever since I updated my phone. It seems like the phone is lagging or unresponsive. I end up having to restart the phone.

And to add to this issue... when I "restored" the iPhone, it managed to NOT restore my text messages, notes, calendar events, or bookmarks! it did before!

junkie

Jul 17, 2007
Mine has been doing this ever since I updated my phone. It seems like the phone is lagging or unresponsive. I end up having to restart the phone.

And to add to this issue... when I "restored" the iPhone, it managed to NOT restore my text messages, notes, calendar events, or bookmarks! it did before!

I have had some similar issues but the phone is still working solidly.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
I keep wondering about all the people who don't normally read online forums, to get what everyone here now considers "common knowledge".

For every person who posts here, there are hundreds who are either suffering silently or have returned their phone.

Think of all the poor owners who have no idea that a simple reset would cure most of the original Safari web crash problems while listening to music.

Sure, Apple now has some trouble-shooting tips on their website, but non-Apple owners have no idea to look there. Heck, even Apple owners often don't know about the support forums on the company website.

mabigwiz

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Since last update my phone seems a little sluggish at times. I am not sure if it has to do with the update, if its swaping out memory, etc. It does not seem better after a hard reset. Just noticed this week and am keeping an eye on it.

Anyoen know how much memory is reserved for "in use" apps? I know it doesn't work like a computer but I still assume it reserves a "working space" for apps in use.