Apple re-edits iPhone commercials due to controversy: Removes “mysterious 12th icon”

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Those replies are probably right, they probably pulled it so they didn't look like they have something to hide. Mac has achieved icon status for their simple, easily identifiable adverts, and this muddied the water.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
People, it's pretty clear (to me - LOL) that the icons on the home screen are user configurable widgets. You can add/remove icons like weather/stocks/calculator and hopefully add new ones (like Opera).

No controversy. They just aired two different iPods which were configured differently.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
People, it's pretty clear (to me - LOL) that the icons on the home screen are user configurable widgets. You can add/remove icons like weather/stocks/calculator and hopefully add new ones (like Opera).

No controversy. They just aired two different iPods which were configured differently.
I agree. :)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
and so do I. Dosn't anyone remember on the regular ipod you could take off displays like only having a SONGS and a settings menu?

mulligan

Jun 12, 2007
my guess is u can add widgets and shortcuts.....im surprised theres no GAME icon, every damn phone out there has a game section hah