Apple really from china?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
well i finally cracked and ordered my iPhone last tuesday. man i just cant wait any longer. so as soon as i got the shipping or tracking code i looked up where it was and it says SHENZHEN China. WTF? i thought it was made by Apple in california? does anyone know why?

update now its in ALASKA. hahahahahah im in florida. so my iPhone had to travel the world

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
If they made it in the Peoples Republic of California we would be paying 2k a phone. There's where the Chinese come in. :)

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
alright i see now. i guess because its cheaper out there to build them. how many days does it usaully take to receive the phone with the free shipping?
It should take 3 maybe 4 days. Fed-Ex clears customs in Anchorage. If it's there now it should be in Florida tomorrow. It may be delivered tomorrow but it may not be until Monday.

Enjoy!

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I completely understand. I promise though, it will be worth the wait! Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so that you'll have the weekend to play with it!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
You know, if I'm not mistaken, the actual iPhones are made in Taiwan. If you buy them online they are shipped out of a fulfillment operation in Shenzhen.

I know it's a Taiwanese company that has the iPhone contract but I'm not sure where the actual assembly facility is located. It may very well be located in SZ.

I'm in Shenzhen about once a month and I see electronics assembly facilities all over the place. In fact, a lot of the electronics industry is driving much of the lower tech industries out. Like my industry, sewn goods.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
You know, if I'm not mistaken, the actual iPhones are made in Taiwan. If you buy them online they are shipped out of a fulfillment operation in Shenzhen.

I know it's a Taiwanese company that has the iPhone contract but I'm not sure where the actual assembly facility is located. It may very well be located in SZ.

I'm in Shenzhen about once a month and I see electronics assembly facilities all over the place. In fact, a lot of the electronics industry is driving much of the lower tech industries out. Like my industry, sewn goods.
it says right on the back of the iPhone "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China".

of course, the various components could be made anywhere...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
it says right on the back of the iPhone "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China".

of course, the various components could be made anywhere...
LMAO! You made me take mine out its case; which shows me you did the same thing to post this.. Too Funny!