Apple redirecting their site to live stream in advance of event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Well, this is a first. We reported that Apple as going to live stream tomorrow's special event. That's good news, for everyone, save for the journalists who got an invite. Their invite is slightly less precious, but still awesome just the same.

Apple streaming an event isn't big news. However, today they are redirecting their entire homepage to the event. This isn't a redirect 5 minutes before an event, but a full 24 hours. Apple doesn't need more attention for tomorrow's event, but they are pushing for more. To me, that's incredible. This must be an important event. Typically, they just need 30 or so journalists to show up and boom - it's all over the news. Live streaming, pushing every customer to the event a full day before it happens. They want everyone to know that an event is happening and you'll want to know what's happening with Apple tomorrow.

Count me intrigued..

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's a shame that Apple seems to be cutting out a major market segment from watching live. There could be a lot of Windows users who are considering their first iDevice. I know, only we hard-core geeks will be watching live, but still...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It's a shame that Apple seems to be cutting out a major market segment from watching live. There could be a lot of Windows users who are considering their first iDevice. I know, only we hard-core geeks will be watching live, but still...
What do they see when the event is happening? I mean the redirect is in place. What if a good portion come back? Sorry, you're computer cannot view the event?

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007

Hi Guys!!
Can you elaborate on that? I, too, am a PC user and thought I'd be able to watch it live on my Windows computer. If not, will I be able to watch it on my iPhone 5? Cheers!!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hi Guys!!
Can you elaborate on that? I, too, am a PC user and thought I'd be able to watch it live on my Windows computer. If not, will I be able to watch it on my iPhone 5? Cheers!!
I don't see how Apple would not make it possible to watch the event on a windows PC.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY