Apple remote and front row

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have been messing around with my MacBook. I found this Front Row program and it seems very cool. Then on the Apple website it says you can work it with a remote, which makes sense since it did not have good on screen controls. Do I just buy one of those remotes and then I can access my music, etc?

I did not use my old ibook enough. I really want to get to know my MacBook much better! lol

thanks in advance

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
Your MacBook didn't come with a remote?
I just purchased a black MacBook three weeks ago and it came with a remote..
Do the new ones not come with one?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Same question? Mine came with a remote- double check your box to make sure there is definitely not one in there.

I don't recall reading anywhere that the remote needed to be purchased separately.

I have been messing around with my MacBook. I found this Front Row program and it seems very cool. Then on the Apple website it says you can work it with a remote, which makes sense since it did not have good on screen controls. Do I just buy one of those remotes and then I can access my music, etc?

I did not use my old ibook enough. I really want to get to know my MacBook much better! lol

thanks in advance

Also, I've discovered that Front Row doesn't work for me until my music/movies are stored to the MB's internal drive. I have all my stuff on an external drive and I don't see a way for FR to read that drive instead of the internal one.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
It's like a little bit size chocolate bar, but white.

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
I just went on Apples website and looked at the MacBook and went to Tech Specs and what do you know, its not included as in the box anymore!
Thats weird that they would now charge for the remote.
Personally I wouldn't buy it, but if you think you will use it a lot go for it!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
You guys are fast! I just got my MacBook last Saturday. I guess they got cheap on including the remote. I think I will buy one of those remotes. And maybe an incase neoprene sleeve thing. I almost bought one with the Macbook, but I thought the pink would get dirty and the black was boring. I wish they had a cool patterned one.

I think I also need a bluetooth mouse.

I think I am out of "gadget" money! lol!

Apple124

Bronze
Mar 11, 2008
I bought a neoprene case with it. I love that thing, and I carry my laptop around with it all the time.
If im out and about I will definitely bring it with me
They also have a green one that looks really nice.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
KoKo, I have the pink case and it has yet to get dirty. I've been using mine now for 2 weeks.

The case and the remote will cost you $50+tax. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either purchase. I use my remote quite a bit.

That sucks though that the remote is no longer part of the package.

Maybe it's me, but it seems that Apple is continually making money hands over fists by charging for items that used to be free or standard.

Speaking of gadget money- if I keep buying gadgets, I may have to start taking up a collection.

I just got another Logitech One remote. My sister loved my 1st one so much that I ended up giving it to her. After using that remote, nothing else could compare- so I had to get another.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I feel so left out. I am that stupid pc guy in the PC vs MAC commericals.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I feel so left out. I am that stupid pc guy in the PC vs MAC commericals.

Left out because you don't have a Mac or because you feel you cant provide anything to the topic? :laugh2:

Seriously, I know how you feel. I felt that way hanging around here without an iphone- until I got one. But you know what, even though I sold mine, I don't feel left out- maybe because I've already lived the "I" moment.

Tony, do you see any Macs in your future?