Apple Remote STILL not working

Aug 11, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Has anyone figured out why the Apple Remote isn't syncing in iTunes. I've noticed that a ton of people are having this problem. I have tried just about everything. Check the network and iTunes settings. Uninstalled/reinstalled the remote. Check Windows firewall & my Anti-virus program's. Check the remote settings in iTunes. Made sure iTunes and bonjour were allowed access. I've done it all. What else is there?
Windows 7, 64bit, K7 antivirus, iTunes 9.2.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Markc33

Dec 1, 2010
I got mine to finally start connecting by making sure the app was dining on the phone and the phone connected to the computer before I started I-tunes. Also... Go into the app and hit add new library so that the code is showing before you start iTunes. When iTunes comes up and shows your phone under devices. Pick your phone and it should go immediately to the code entry.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Make sure your remote app is up to date. If it isn't, you might not have the correct app for the firmware you have.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Has anyone figured out why the Apple Remote isn't syncing in iTunes. I've noticed that a ton of people are having this problem. I have tried just about everything. Check the network and iTunes settings. Uninstalled/reinstalled the remote. Check Windows firewall & my Anti-virus program's. Check the remote settings in iTunes. Made sure iTunes and bonjour were allowed access. I've done it all. What else is there?

Windows 7, 64bit, K7 antivirus, iTunes 9.2.1
Your iTunes isn't up to date. You need iTunes 10 for Remote to work properly. When you last updated your Remote app, it mentioned having to update iTunes on your Mac/PC in order to keep things working smoothly.

KEM

Apr 28, 2012
I got mine to finally start connecting by making sure the app was dining on the phone and the phone connected to the computer before I started I-tunes. Also... Go into the app and hit add new library so that the code is showing before you start iTunes. When iTunes comes up and shows your phone under devices. Pick your phone and it should go immediately to the code entry.
Worked for me. Thanks!