Apple Remote STILL not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prettyfokused, Aug 11, 2010.

1. prettyfokused

prettyfokused New Member

Has anyone figured out why the Apple Remote isn't syncing in iTunes. I've noticed that a ton of people are having this problem. I have tried just about everything. Check the network and iTunes settings. Uninstalled/reinstalled the remote. Check Windows firewall & my Anti-virus program's. Check the remote settings in iTunes. Made sure iTunes and bonjour were allowed access. I've done it all. What else is there?
    Windows 7, 64bit, K7 antivirus, iTunes 9.2.1

#1 prettyfokused, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  2. Markc33

Markc33 New Member

I got mine to finally start connecting by making sure the app was dining on the phone and the phone connected to the computer before I started I-tunes. Also... Go into the app and hit add new library so that the code is showing before you start iTunes. When iTunes comes up and shows your phone under devices. Pick your phone and it should go immediately to the code entry.

3. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Make sure your remote app is up to date. If it isn't, you might not have the correct app for the firmware you have.

4. fearofnormalcy

fearofnormalcy Evangelist
    Gold

Your iTunes isn't up to date. You need iTunes 10 for Remote to work properly. When you last updated your Remote app, it mentioned having to update iTunes on your Mac/PC in order to keep things working smoothly.

5. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Best advice from me would be to always keep your iTunes up to date. If you use an old version of iTunes things will stop showing up like the remote. Keep up to date with the software updates you!

6. KEM

KEM New Member

Worked for me. Thanks!