Apple Replaced iPhone 3G

I had a problem with my home button. When I pressed it, nothing happened. I took it back to ATT and they said since it left the store, I had to call Apple and see what they would do. Anyway, I'm on vacation in Minnesota and went to an Apple store today and they replaced it with a brand new one. No questions asked! Great customer service Apple!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Apple is great with their customer service. 9 times out of 10 a customer is pleased after leaving the store. Glad to see you had your problem taken care of.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That's Apple's customer service for you. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same of AT&T's service.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Psylichon told me to take back my 3G since the backing is not 100% flush on the phone (you can feel a slight jut-ing out of the plastic around the left side of the phone).

Usually I am not that picky about aesthetic issues, but I am willing to put Apple to the test. They have perfomed well historically with their other products. They replaced my MacBookPro about 2 weeks after I bought mine do to a HD issue....no problems since. When my 3rdGen iPod died after a year, they replaced it too (no warranty).

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've actually just noticed that the glass on my screen isn't flush with the sides at all. I can actually see lights in the gap between the glass and the bezel.

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
This is why I went to the Apple store to buy the iPhone 3G. Great customer service.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
I replaced mine yesterday for the same reason, non functioning home button. I hope we're not seeing a developing pattern with hardware failure.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I traded mine out yesterday. All I brought was the phone, but they exchanged it for a brand new phone in box with all the accessories. Now I have twice the accessories for free! I have a charger at home and work now. I love Apple (I hate AT&T though....).

jvanlee1

Jul 17, 2007
I replaced mine yesterday for the same reason, non functioning home button. I hope we're not seeing a developing pattern with hardware failure.
Me three. It didn't fail, it was defective and never worked right. Both myself and the genius could easily feel the difference between the original and the new replacement. However, unlike some, I had to go get the box and stuff before I could get the new one.

tgwinn

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
mine was replaced too for a stuck pixel....he brought out one that was in a different type box that he said was only for exchanges....had the plastic on it and everything. He said they sold out of all the "for sale" phones but they had these for exchange purposes. :) I couldn't be happier!

kbasham

Jul 15, 2008
My home button stopped working tonight also. I am going to AT&T first thing in the morning. Do you think they will replace it? I hope they have some in stock. I don't live close to an Apple store.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
My home button stopped working tonight also. I am going to AT&T first thing in the morning. Do you think they will replace it? I hope they have some in stock. I don't live close to an Apple store.
Make an appointment, you don't want to have to make more than one trip. http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM

AT&T wont do anything garunteed it will have to go back to Apple . if you don't live near a store you will have to call Apple and sent it back to them via fedex or ups

They are going to try and tell you there is a $39 charge for a loaner phone but stick to you guns and tell them there is no way you are going to pay or a loaner phone on a brand new product

I have sent back phone numerous times and have never paid a penny

May 6, 2007
United States
Sounds like some of these problems are recurring. Again, I don't have any intention of buying a 3G, but I still hope that Apple can resolve all these problems soon, and I am sure they will do so. From what I remember there weren't a ton of huge problems after the first iDay. Anyone?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I can also see the light coming from the inside on the left of my iPhone. Is not a big deal because to see it you have to look really hard but still I'm thinking I wanna take it back.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
My girl bought her phone from AT&T and today we saw like a black faded area in the middle of the screen. We brought it to the Apple store and they swapped it out for her with no problem. Took maybe 5 minutes if that.

equlizer

Jul 13, 2008
so what do you do if your local Apple store doesn't carry them? Here in canada only Rogers carries them? Take it back to the rogers store you got it from?