Apple replaced my cracked glass!

Roadblocked

Bronze
Sep 25, 2010
I brought my iPhone with cracked glass to an Apple Store and they replaced it with no questions asked. Super happy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Good to know they replaced it no questions asked!

Where are you located?

How did you present it to them?

Did you just hold it up and say "Cracked!" and they answered with a little coffin iPhone box and said "Fixed!" (I'd actually like to see that exchange - caveman style - that would be a great video!)

Roadblocked

Bronze
Sep 25, 2010
Good to know they replaced it no questions asked!

Where are you located?

How did you present it to them?

Did you just hold it up and say "Cracked!" and they answered with a little coffin iPhone box and said "Fixed!" (I'd actually like to see that exchange - caveman style - that would be a great video!)
I said you know, I cracked the glass on my iPhone, it cracked in my pocket, I was wondering about seeing what we could do to replace the cracked glass, she said they can't replace the glass on the iPhone 4, but she would be happy to replace it with a new phone, free of charge as a one time courtesy, as long as she did not see signs of water damage.

She checked the sensors, and my iPhone was obviously in pristine condition minus the cracked screen, she said don't let it happen again or it will cost 199 to replace.

She even gave me new stickers for my iPhone 4 box that showed the new phones imei and serial number.

I am in metro Detroit, and i exchanged at the Novi, 12 oaks mall Apple store.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I said you know, I cracked the glass on my iPhone, it cracked in my pocket, I was wondering about seeing what we could do to replace the cracked glass, she said they can't replace the glass on the iPhone 4, but she would be happy to replace it with a new phone, free of charge as a one time courtesy, as long as she did not see signs of water damage.

She checked the sensors, and my iPhone was obviously in pristine condition minus the cracked screen, she said don't let it happen again or it will cost 199 to replace.

She even gave me new stickers for my iPhone 4 box that showed the new phones imei and serial number.

I am in metro Detroit, and i exchanged at the Novi, 12 oaks mall Apple store.
WOW! That worked out very well. If I ever have to do this, its good to know that if I get a nice Genius, they may just go ahead and replace it for me. I read some places where people had to pay for the glass to be replaced. Maybe it's a hush hush policy that they just go ahead and replace the phone if the glass is cracked and there is no water damage. IDK. Anyway, this is GR8 for you and everyone!

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
This is awesome! I like to hear these storiesApple store employees are nice, except this one, do you have any screen protectors for the front and back, they don't make one, because the back doesn't have a screen.

Also, if someone else drops there phone, and they don't replace it., we could show them this and theyed have to.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app