Apple Replaced my Water Damage phone for $200

optoson

Aug 6, 2008
Read the news articles, saw that Apple revised their policy to start replacing liquid damage phones, so decided to make an appointment with a "Genius"(I hate that Apple calls them that). Went in, they checked the water indicators and told me it'd be $199 to get a replacement phone that is basically new, the inside might not be new, but you're getting refurbished brand new outside screen and housing, or a new phone all together, he said you can't tell if it's new or refurbished. Came to like $211 out the door, and I hope I never have to go 3 weeks without my phone again.

optoson

Aug 6, 2008
16gb, they replace it with whatever model you had, I think even 2g's

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's a better deal than them saying water voids the warranty and charging full price for one. :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Did you have to extend your contract for an additional 2 years?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Read the news articles, saw that Apple revised their policy to start replacing liquid damage phones, so decided to make an appointment with a "Genius"(I hate that Apple calls them that). Went in, they checked the water indicators and told me it'd be $199 to get a replacement phone that is basically new, the inside might not be new, but you're getting refurbished brand new outside screen and housing, or a new phone all together, he said you can't tell if it's new or refurbished. Came to like $211 out the door, and I hope I never have to go 3 weeks without my phone again.
check your serial number under general/about/serial number

if it starts with 5k, 7k, or 8k then you know it is a refurbished.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Check-if-your-iphone-is-really-NEW-or-REFURBISHED_W0QQugidZ10000000007634639

obviously you know yours is refurbished, but this is how you can check just in case anyone was wondering.