Apple replacements suck

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
They can't control that. It's not like they meant to have your phone have 4 dead pixels. That phone you got as a replacement is just like the first one.

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
Sucks but I have to agree with you. I am on my second one that I didn't even set up as mine because I found dead pixel. What really ticks me off is I have to update the software to 5.0.1 like it matters. At least Apple is replacing them without having me jump through the hoops like Samsung (their warranty is a joke, nothing is their fault)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Then like said, replace it again. They make them by people and machines. They produce them in volume. They don't quality check them. You still get the best phone out there.
They DO quality check them. What the hell. You think they just put them together and send them out without some sort of quality control? Even Ford checks their cars out before shipping them out.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Yes I thought they just slapped them together and sent them on there way. I thought it was only the refurbs.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
In fact with the replacement phones they check them a lot more than they do the new ones. They go through (so I am told) an extensive quality control process. That's not to say there aren't replacements with issues but then there are brand spanking new ones with issues.

Return it again. It's fairly painless to do so. Apple bends over backwards to make their customers happy most of the time.

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
Friend of mine tasted that. He opened the replacement 3G he got under Apple's warranty. In one place there were two stickers one on top another. They just put new sticker on the old one.

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
You have so many problems with your iPhones. Maybe your just cursed :p

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Nothing actually :p I have a good job for my age actually ;)
What do you do for a living? And how old are you?

You have so many problems with your iPhones. Maybe your just cursed :p
I remember having a 3G and a 3GS which I replaced because of dead pixels. I booked an appointment to get a replacement 3GS the new one had dead pixels too. It happens, unfortunately.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK

I remember having a 3G and a 3GS which I replaced because of dead pixels. I booked an appointment to get a replacement 3GS the new one had dead pixels too. It happens, unfortunately.
I am a joiner. I basically make cabinets and furniture. But at the moment I work for an exhibitions company called masters exhibitions. This is their page http://www.mastersexhibitions.co.uk/home/index.php I make everything on their page. I make everything from hair salon furniture to exhibition trailers. I get paid £14.50 P/H.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA

I replaced my 3GS 3 times before I got a good one. Dead megapixels and dust underneath the screen twice. Still today my favorite iPhone after all.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I make everything from hair salon furniture to exhibition trailers. I get paid £14.50 P/H.
£14.50 that's a lot of money :)

How old are you and how long have you been doing joinery for?

Last edited by a moderator: