Apple restocking fee vs AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by FFAP1234, Sep 15, 2014.

1. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I managed to order an iPhone 6 and 6 plus from AT&T store ( ATT Next ) for two of my 3 lines. According to ATT the 6 will arrive on the launch day and the 6 plus in November. On one hand I'm not totally sure if I may one them both to be the 6 plus on the other hand right now it looks like if I order thought apple the 6 plus will arrive sooner than from ATT.

One more time ATT today come up with a different answer about exchanging phones. Originally I was told if I exchanged the phone for another one there wasn't going to be a restocking fee but no anymore. Does Apple have a restocking fee if the phone is exchange? I know las year there wasn't, did that changed? Does anybody know what the polices are? Thank you all : )

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I think technically Apple has a restocking fee but I have never been charged on anything I bought through Apple. Don't see why that would change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wasn't charged a restocking fee in 2012 when I returned one to Apple.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I returned my 5 as well for the same reasons as you. No restocking fee here, either.

5. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I just come back from ATT store. To this point they tell me that if I cancel my order now I will be charged restocking fee once that I bring it (them) back to the store. They told me " that is the way our system works," that they can't sell a phone that has been sold already. If I open or not the package doesn't matter, if I bring a sealed phone to them to return I will for sure need to pay a restocking fee. I'm very disappointed on them, this doesn't sound right to me.

#5 FFAP1234, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Problem with AT&T is go to the next corporate store and you might get a totally different answer. On that note make sure the one you checked with IS a corporate store.

Authorized retailers suck!!!

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I returned an iPhone 5s to Apple last year. No restocking fee. They did inspect the iPhone for water damage.

8. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Tmobile also has a restocking fee, they are pretty crappy but I honestly see the point in them. It just kinda sucks that when we have legit reasons to exchange, we pay the fees.

-=Note3=-=Gold5s=-

9. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I did go to a corporate store, I got this answer from the same representative who put the order for me. I told him that it didn't make sense for me to pay restocking fee for a phone that wasn't open and sealed. He asked another representative that was there who heard the conversation and he said "yes you are right" I still didn't give up and ended calling to another ATT store close to me, I told them what happened and was told that it didn't sound right but that each store has its own policies. They wanted to know what store I went to. They said I should go back and talk to another representative, but that was what I just did, two people from the store gave me the same answer. If I were able to cancel my order, how long does it take for my account to reset show I'm eligible for ATT Next?

10. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Up to 24 hours.

11. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

No, there is no restocking fee at the Apple Store. As long as your phone hasn't been damaged, you can return it and get a full refund, as long as you return it within 2 weeks of purchase. That includes AppleCare if you got that, too, it won't be pro-rated for the two-week usage. Open or closed box doesn't matter.

Heck, you don't even need to return it to the same Apple Store, as long as the other store is in the same "market" of stores, no problem.