Apple SDK for the iPhone in early 2008 (?)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
According to this article from BusinessWeek, Apple is most likely to release a software-development kit for the iPhone in early 2008. Will Apple open the iPhone?

its all speculation at this point, but you have to believe they will at some point. it's just a wasted device if they don't, and they'll never spread into the businesss world and hurt RIMM because, as of now, the email is subpar and you cant view word, excel, etc documents on the phone. if Apple wont add all this, they should be able to count on the developers community to do it. right now the apps out are interested, but many are very primitive and useless except for novelty's sake.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
I agree. Aside from the updates and new iPhone models, 3rd party support is inevitable. The Apple web apps or the advent of dashboard widgets will not go over as well as true native apps. It's just a matter of time....

Meanwhile, back to jailbreaking and breaking the phone at the same time! LOL!

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I was just reading this and thought about posting the link. I, too, believe it'll come - BUT I won't get excited about it until there's some official word. With Apple's prior track record - that may not come until Steve himself announces it at whatever event he decides to...

Then, again based on prior history, we'll get to wait months for it :eek: