Apple should bring Cover Flow to other apps like Contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
Ok here was a thought. They already have the software for cover flow. Why not put cover flow on you contacts. I think it would be petty cool to scroll threw pics on you contacts and then just tap it to see all of the numbers and emails. So even when you want to compose a new email it would use cover flow and with text message too. Hey any one want to create a widget to do so? in case they open up third party? All i ask for is 2% and credit for the idea?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
That is a pretty cool idea. Unfortunately, I only have pics for a small fraction of my contacts :(. If cover flow worked for contacts, I would definitely make an effort to get more pictures.

Let's hope someone from Apple reads these forums and will take your idea to Jobs :).

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
Ya that would be great but i wouldn't see my 2%:( oh well maybe they will be nice and just admit it was my idea?:p Ya right. anyways a guy can Dream.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Well now that im thinking about it, Even if its not in there you could do it yourself.
PLAYLIST- Contacts
ALBUM1 name - Friends Name
Album cover Friends Face Picture
Songs- Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx
_____address 234 blah street
Etc. Etc. I know I will be doing this thanks for the idea.

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
Well now that im thinking about it, Even if its not in there you could do it yourself.
PLAYLIST- Contacts
ALBUM1 name - Friends Name
Album cover Friends Face Picture
Songs- Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx
_____address 234 blah street
Etc. Etc. I know I will be doing this thanks for the idea.
That is actually a really good idea to get around that..
Only thing is, I wonder if you can make the call like that.

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
Well, the iPhone automatically makes any mobile number "hyperlinked" to call that number, I doubt it would work for song titles.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Oh I did not know about that Hyperlinking thing. Well we will need to see I hope it works that way. I bet though a lot of people will copy my setup idea. I know the original idea itself wasn't mine.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
No area code :) that would be interesting. I actually read an article about that a few days ago. Aparantly these plumbers keep getting prank called.