Apple Should Make a MySpace Widget

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
With all the people on myspace, I think Apple should make a myspace widget. It would attract more users on the bubble to get the phone. I know quite a few people who live and die on myspace and it could be an interesting widget to create.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Well att offers a myspace mobile service for X$ each month and they also have AIM.

Not seeing these on the iPhone are strange. Maybe att wants to make more money?

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
That could be it.

I figured that so many people have myspace, it would be a good selling point to have a myspace widget in conjunction with the newly added youtube widget.

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I have a feeling that widgets will be sold through the iTunes store.

I have nothing to back this up, it just seems logical to me that they would do it like that.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
With all the people on myspace, I think Apple should make a myspace widget. It would attract more users on the bubble to get the phone. I know quite a few people who live and die on myspace and it could be an interesting widget to create.
MySpace Mobile only barely works because people can't get to MySpace on their mobile phones. Safari is a FULL internet browser so it can give you the (almost) full MySpace experience. And with the iPhone data plan, I can't imagine it being successful when its selling point is laziness.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
myspace works wonderfully within the safari browser. why would there need to be a widget for it? not that i waste that much time on myspace but i accessed mine and looked at friends pages and it worked great.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
There is not a worse site than MySpace on the internet.. what a load of crap that place is. If you want something thats organized and doesn't look like a 13 year old touched every page then use Facebook.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I was thinking this, myself. Make it some sort of special interface for your myspace account / profile. Making it easier to click around in those reply boxes, needs to be first priority. lol

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I'm amazed that people spend enough time on sites like MySpace to justify having an iPhone widget decicated to it. Same with YouTube. The only time I've ever used YouTube on my iPhone is to demo it to someone else. Waste of time & space, IMO.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
There is not a worse site than MySpace on the internet.. what a load of crap that place is. If you want something thats organized and doesn't look like a 13 year old touched every page then use Facebook.
I couldn't agree with you more about MySpace... even my own 13-year-old hates it... but then again, she has parents who hate it. LOL

I'm not much into these social networking sites. Maybe it's my age, but I don't understand the point of a "look at me I'm so cool wanna be my friend heres a photo of my cat my friends and my car and heres what I'm doing every second of the day" websites.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I couldn't agree with you more about MySpace... even my own 13-year-old hates it... but then again, she has parents who hate it. LOL

I'm not much into these social networking sites. Maybe it's my age, but I don't understand the point of a "look at me I'm so cool wanna be my friend heres a photo of my cat my friends and my car and heres what I'm doing every second of the day" websites.
Sites like MySpace make people feel unique and different.

Just like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Farani

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Wouldn't surprise me to see widgets for purchase through iTunes. I won't believe it if Apple doesn't sell ringtones through iTunes, though. I'll be surprised if Apple allows us to make our own, seeing as there is a lot of money in it for them. I'd expect games to come soon, too.