Apple stock is +7.48 (5.76%) this morning..

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Its up to 144.74 at the moment.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
any particular reason why this is going up?

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
maybe over the patent thing posted earlier? about Ichat I believe.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I'm punching myself for not investing in Apple 2 years ago.

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Closed at exactly $146 (and continues to rise a bit in after hours trading).

And it was UP because Apple reported their most profitable quarter in the company's history. The report came in after the bell on Weds. so the market felt it all today (and in after hours trading last night).

Meanwhile, the Dow took its largest hit of 2007 as the average closed down 310 points. With Apple stock being traded at twice the normal volume today, I suspect a few of those investors put a few dollars into Apple as well as into the bond market.

Mark

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I'm punching myself for not investing in Apple 2 years ago.
My father-in-law is doing the same thing. I told him it was a good buy. But he was gun shy because he doesn't know Apple products like I do.

He's also the one that told me that I should sell my shares when they hit $90, which would have been a VERY handsome profit in its own right. I didn't, and I'm very glad I didn't! :)

Mark

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
My father-in-law is doing the same thing. I told him it was a good buy. But he was gun shy because he doesn't know Apple products like I do.

He's also the one that told me that I should sell my shares when they hit $90, which would have been a VERY handsome profit in its own right. I didn't, and I'm very glad I didn't! :)

Mark
I'm jealous!

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Closed at exactly $146 (and continues to rise a bit in after hours trading).

And it was UP because Apple reported their most profitable quarter in the company's history. The report came in after the bell on Weds. so the market felt it all today (and in after hours trading last night).

Meanwhile, the Dow took its largest hit of 2007 as the average closed down 310 points. With Apple stock being traded at twice the normal volume today, I suspect a few of those investors put a few dollars into Apple as well as into the bond market.

Mark

Dow, second largest hit of 2007! Here's why:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/26/markets/markets_445/index.htm?cnn=yes