Apple Stock?

May 20, 2007
I don't know too much about the stock market but I have been thinking about getting my hands on a few shares. I don't know if it's too late though? Any information anyone can provide is appreciated.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
its fairly expensive. 100$+ a share. Meaning if you bought 1 share at 105 you would make 1 dollar after selling that stock if it went up to 106 a share.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You would need to put down a nice chunk of change to turn a nice profeit. OR go back in time and buy some Apple stock at 1 dollar each or less. That would mean you would make 99 dollars per stock sold :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You would need to put down a nice chunk of change to turn a nice profeit. OR go back in time and buy some Apple stock at 1 dollar each or less. That would mean you would make 99 dollars per stock sold :)
Just like Forrest Gump did when he invested his Bubba Gump Shrimping profits.:)

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
I've been watching since the iPhone was just a rumor, when stock was around 79-85$. I kick my self everyday for not jumping in on that. Apple is predicting 145$ after the iPhone, I think the market is shooting a little lower, like 125$.

I still would love to go back and get in on that before the iPod, it was 25$ then. I think it split it there as well.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I bought like 6 shares at 85 before MacWorld. Their still is time to get in. A good time would have been last week after Engadget posted that BS story about the phone being delayed.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
my 2 cents

i'm an average stock follower (and recent investor) in Apple (aapl)

1. i got in at 91 and 99 so i've made a pretty penny so far.

2. the rule of thumb in stocks is to buy low and sell high...to buy at an all time high is usually the wrong way to go. however, Apple stock has done nothing but go up since its quarterly earnings a few weeks ago. it practically hits all time highs every day (except for the little iPhone delay/engadget rumor a couple days ago).

3. guidance (or estimates) on Apple stock by industry experts range any where from $120-200. $200! it sounds a little far fetched, but think about it...if the iPhone does as well as people are saying (and i think it's safe to assume it will, barring any huge recall disaster). not to mention the release of Leopard in October and then the Holiday selling season... i personally think this stock is going to the moon.

again, i'm no expert so don't take my word for it....but a lot of people (and i use this term lightly) are saying that Apple at its current price of 110 is still underpriced. I honestly don't think (again, this is barring any disaster) that Apple will ever dip below $100 again. it's a fast moving train...so you better jump on or say goodbye.

another thing to look at is to find stocks that go hand in hand with Apple's success...the most obvious of these is AT&T. if the iPhone is a success, which we all think it will be, then so will AT&T especially during the years where the exclusive relationship exists. so if you want to put your money on the iPhone but don't have the cash to throw down directly on AAPL then you may want to think about its partner in crime...AT&T.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I bought like 6 shares at 85 before MacWorld. Their still is time to get in. A good time would have been last week after Engadget posted that BS story about the phone being delayed.
i'm still kicking myself about that.... If you look at the AAPL stock chart (ignoring all the peaks and valleys) the stock has consistently gone up over the last couple years.

how do you guys invest? did you use a human broker/firm or e*trade or something similar?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
i'm still kicking myself about that.... If you look at the AAPL stock chart (ignoring all the peaks and valleys) the stock has consistently gone up over the last couple years.

how do you guys invest? did you use a human broker/firm or e*trade or something similar?
I use Scottrade. Only because you need only $500 to start up and its about $7 a trade. I like them.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I use both e*trade and a brokerage account attached to my wells fargo banking account. Trades are usually around $9.95 (sometimes free at WF depending on my current balances).

I bought AAPL a couple years ago in the mid-$30 range. Bought more a year or so ago in the $60 range. Now I'm starting to sell a bit to cover the original investments and balance my portfolio.

If you are buying now you're following the crowd. Wait till all this mania dies down or the stock takes some kind of short term hit. It's unlikely it'll ever go back down to $30 but it may go back down below $100 before year's end.

Buy for the long term. Buy and hold.

Warren Buffet says he normally trades a stock once every 12 years. Buy good companies with good management. Keep them for a long long time, and you will do very very well.

A great Warren Buffet quote: "Be fearful when others are bold, and bold when others are fearful."

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Wow how many shares did you buy? Your look at a 70dollar profeit per stock. Your sitting pretty right now :) hold on to it though.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
now if only some of those 'penny stocks' would jump up to 100+ a share that would be AMAZING.
Some people trade those things religiously but personally I wouldn't be betting my retirement on companies that are in the pooper.

"Invest in solid companies with good management and hold for the long term."

It's my mantra. :cool: