Apple Store Activation

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I am a current owner of iPhone 3g and will be upgrading to 3gs this Friday... I remembered in the past that Apple came across a glitch in activating your phone if you had a corporate discount on your acct with AT&T. I would have to call AT&T to remove my corporate discount, Apple will activate, then i would have to call AT&T to add my discount back on the account. Is this still happening?

Does anyone know?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well this source isn't any good but I asked the guy working at the ATT store if my FAN account would screw up anything and he said no.

May 6, 2007
United States
Hmm... I haven't heard anything on this topic, but I'd guess that if it happened the first time, they're trying to solve it this time around.

I would talk to someone at AT&T, as that would be the only reliable source. Good luck and I hope you don't have problems again!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Hmm... I haven't heard anything on this topic, but I'd guess that if it happened the first time, they're trying to solve it this time around.

I would talk to someone at AT&T, as that would be the only reliable source. Good luck and I hope you don't have problems again!
lol ATT is not a reliable source

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i called 611 and asked the rep... they don't think itll cause the problem but basically told me to just buy it from their store instead of Apple (they werent really sure themselves)... i reserved it at Apple store already!

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i would think so.... somehow if you have the discount on your acct, appl couldnt activate at that time.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
Do you have to activate it at Apple? Can you explain the situation, pick up the phone and head to AT&T?

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
^^^ that is probably the best thing. Or even pick it up and activate it yourself!
Have you tried calling Apple and seeing if they are aware of this? Im assuming no and not to sound negative but things aren't really clear on either side of the spectrum.

luvstar99

Sep 5, 2007
AT&T doesn't do corporate discounts (FAN) if the primary line in the account is an iPhone. The primary line has to be a non-iphone to get the corporate discount.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
AT&T doesn't do corporate discounts (FAN) if the primary line in the account is an iPhone. The primary line has to be a non-iphone to get the corporate discount.
Thats not entirely true. Both my wife and myself have iPhones and we have a FAN discount.

machead

Jul 18, 2007
That is no longer a true statement. It was when the iPhone first came out but it has changed within the last year. I switched my iPhone back to the primary on my account so I could get the discount on the voice plan as well as the iPhone data plan.

dyzfnctional

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I get the FAN discount too... sorry i meant FAN, not corporate discount