Apple Store in Best Buy :)

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Our local best buys now have little Apple sections. It's basically one table with macboks, macbook pros, and imacs on it. there is a cool LCD screen playing an Apple video with limited variety of software and accessories. I'm exited that next time I can afford a new mac, I can get reward zone points easily.

There was a specific Apple guy (not in a blue shirt :D ) there. Another time I went there, it was a regular salesman.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Since Comp_USA pulled out of a big chunk of the West coast market, I've missed having a local (non Apple) store where I could go for Apple + accessories.

I bet Apples sales have suffered as well.

Me thinks that has helped the BB deal, that and the iPhone!

SuperDodge

Jun 24, 2007
Greenville, SC
most likely the stores will have trained Apple salesman. If anyone had a comp usa near them they used to have an Apple section with dedicated employees who were trained in just Apple stuff. Since compusa closed its stores they probably moved the Apple stores to best buy.
CompUSA still has stores near me and they still have dedicated Apple sections.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Has anyone seen a Apple Store in BesyBuy yet? Or is this
something new?
There used to be Mini Apple stores inside of CompUSA but then CompUSA closed most of its stores. (Kinda sad, if CompUSA had focus on computers instead of trying to comete with BestBuy and Circuit City I think they would have done well.) Anyway, with the demise of CompUSA Apple moved the store within a store idea to BestBuy.

I doubt that BestBuy will be carrying the iPhone though, at least not for several more months.

Personally I refuse to buy anything from BestBuy due to their predatory pricing practices.

- SR

DeadSpider

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Vacherie,Louisiana
I for one can't wait. I have been
planning to buy my first mac
when the new o/s is released. Now
I know where to go to shop for it, that is
if the mini store is there before the
new o/s is out. :p

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
(Kinda sad, if CompUSA had focus on computers instead of trying to comete with BestBuy and Circuit City I think they would have done well.) - SR

It doesn't matter. Because Best Buy covers all of it, and they have a "prettier" look.
Your average consumer is a moron, (not excluding myself) and will go with the prettier and more "pleasing" presentation, no matter what they're buying.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
im lookin forward to this one.. I hope my usual discounts would apply? unless its gunna be diff then the best buy branch
I can't see you getting a discount.

AT&T staff were reported to not get discounts on the iPhone or it's service plan (just like no "businesss accounts", you can't get your companies discount on the plans).

I know no one is getting an Apple employee or discount (well, other than a free 8gb iPhone as a 1+yr of service thank you). I was counting on at least the 10% discount employees, students, or active military can get, but they aren't giving even those out on the iPhone. (Apple employees too excited to wait for their free one had to pay full price).

So I highly doubt any discount Best Buy employees get will apply to the iPhone if it's a special case for both Apple and AT&T employees.