Apple Store or AT&T? Which one are you going at to buy your new iPhone 3G

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
Well I am def. going to the Apple store as I am very pleased with their customer services. I had one instance when I had some problem with my iPhone and I went to the Apple store and was coming out with the brand new iPhone as a replacement in few minutes:laugh2: with not many questions asked.
No hard time! don't know if I could have gotten the new one had I bought that from att store.

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
AT&T since the Apple store is too far and I have AT&T stores all over.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If I had the choice, Apple Store; no question. However, there isn't a single Apple Store in West Virginia, so I'm stuck with AT&T.

- John

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
Bad luck for you guys... here Apple and att store are in the same mall. So anyone could guess where I am going at 7/11:cool:

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I'll probably hit the Apple store, but i will go on saturday morning and get it when there is no line.

Jun 16, 2008
Clermont, Florida
I would say Apple store but are all the Apple employees going to know as much about the AT&T plans as the AT&T employees do?

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
from my experiences i would goto the Apple store. Within the 14 day period att would send you to Apple and you would get a refurb. though there probably wont be any at the time. so chances of a new one is in your favor. But Apple will always give you a new phone within the 14 day period if you have a problem no matter how many refurbs are avail. which is the nice thing.

so imagine buying the new iPhone in august brand new from att and being sent to Apple and given a refurb because of a problem within the 14 day period.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
from my experiences i would goto the Apple store. Within the 14 day period att would send you to Apple and you would get a refurb. though there probably wont be any at the time. so chances of a new one is in your favor. But Apple will always give you a new phone within the 14 day period if you have a problem no matter how many refurbs are avail. which is the nice thing.

so imagine buying the new iPhone in august brand new from att and being sent to Apple and given a refurb because of a problem within the 14 day period.
im confused lol

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
basically...theres a 14 day return policy plus restock fee with an iPhone.

If you purchase yours from ATT and you find out there a problem, ATT would send you to Apple for support. Even if you are within the 14 day return period, Apple would give you a white box one. (but if you are an earlier adapter, those will not be avail.)

If you purchased your from Apple, and find out that you have a problem within the 14 day period, Apple will give you a new one straight of out the box.

The reason I was told was that Apple and ATT run off two inventory systems. While Apple can simply scan your iPhone back into their system and mark it as a return if you purchased it from them . The cant if you bought it from ATT.

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
basically...theres a 14 day return policy plus restock fee with an iPhone.

If you purchase yours from ATT and you find out there a problem, ATT would send you to Apple for support. Even if you are within the 14 day return period, Apple would give you a white box one. (but if you are an earlier adapter, those will not be avail.)

If you purchased your from Apple, and find out that you have a problem within the 14 day period, Apple will give you a new one straight of out the box.

The reason I was told was that Apple and ATT run off two inventory systems. While Apple can simply scan your iPhone back into their system and mark it as a return if you purchased it from them . The cant if you bought it from ATT.
Thanks for this info. Hadn't considered that. I think there'll be a 30 day return policy on the 3G from the AT&T store. But if you gotta take it back, they may give you the run-around. Now for sure I'm goin to the Apple store.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
At&t. No Apple stores in my town. With $4/gallon gas, it just doesn't make sense to drive to Atlanta.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im going to the Apple Store, no doubt. Im just not sure which one, since I have two really close to me.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
ATT store. I drove to the Apple Store to get my phone exchanged recently (45 minutes away), but I will just go to my small local ATT store to buy 3G.

Unless I hit the Apple Store on Sunday July 13th while driving home
from vacation. I have to practically drive past one on the way home. :cool:

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I am definitely going to get mines from the Apple store, just not sure which one, there is one by my job, and one on the way home. But I think I am going to pick one up during my vacation in Pittsburgh the week after at one of their two stores there. :laugh2:

Jun 16, 2008
Clermont, Florida
Apple store, seeing as the only att store in my town is not a corporate one going to one that is would be just about as far of a drive.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Since I live 2 subway stops away and its open 24hrs, I am going to the 5th ave store at 12am on July 11th! If its not released till 6pm, I'll just walk from my office

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My current AT&T SIM card in my Sony Ericsson phone is not compatible with the iPhones. So, my AT&T store said that I will get a new one with the iPhone 3G and they can switch my current number to the new SIM card in like 15 minutes.

Can the Apple store do that?

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
I guess they would be able to..
My current AT&T SIM card in my Sony Ericsson phone is not compatible with the iPhones. So, my AT&T store said that I will get a new one with the iPhone 3G and they can switch my current number to the new SIM card in like 15 minutes.

Can the Apple store do that?