Apple Store or AT&T

cdgarcia87

Bronze
Jun 14, 2008
will i be able to go to my local Apple store for the 3g iPhone and sign a contract being that i'm currently with sprint or do i have to go to the att store?

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
will i be able to go to my local Apple store for the 3g iPhone and sign a contract being that i'm currently with sprint or do i have to go to the att store?
Well being that the $199 and $299 prices are aimed at new AT&T customers and previous iPhone owners and that Apple and AT&T are making us go to the stores to activate our phones I would say that you should be able to go to your Local Apple Store to sign the contract. Or else the Apple Stores would be useless for new AT&T customers. But I am not really too sure just a guess.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Yes, this is correct

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
You're saying he can't go to the Apple store and buy a iPhone on July 11th?

edit: Im kind of mis reading the original post. I was under the assumption he was asking if he could get the iPhone 3g at the Apple store instead of the att store. Now Im not sure if he's just talking about the contract or what?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It does raise a good point. Are Apple stores really equipped to handle all the questions and concerns regarding rate plans and other AT&T crap? Seems like a rather large process to absorb even for them.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes you can sign the contract at Apple stores. They will be acting as an AT&T agency with the new iPhone 3G. They will get sales commissions and residuals just like any AT&T agency store. AT&T still has not specified how many AT&T agencies will be able to sell the iPhone 3G though. Stores like Wal*Mart, Radio Shack, and Best Buy would love to join the fray.

cdgarcia87

Bronze
Jun 14, 2008
yes I want to buy the iPhone and sign a contract. I'm hoping I could just go to the Apple store to do it all so that I can get various accessories as well. Assuming this is possible, will I have different plan options to choose from at the Apple store?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
yes I want to buy the iPhone and sign a contract. I'm hoping I could just go to the Apple store to do it all so that I can get various accessories as well. Assuming this is possible, will I have different plan options to choose from at the Apple store?
They'll be able to set up any AT&T plan you want right there.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yes you can sign the contract at Apple stores. They will be acting as an AT&T agency with the new iPhone 3G. They will get sales commissions and residuals just like any AT&T agency store. AT&T still has not specified how many AT&T agencies will be able to sell the iPhone 3G though. Stores like Wal*Mart, Radio Shack, and Best Buy would love to join the fray.
Now that would be hilarious, going to Wal-Mart to buy an iPhone and sign an AT&T contract.

And I have read elsewhere as well that, yes, you can sign contracts at the Apple Store.

- John

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well, we do know that initially at least on AT&T corporately owned stores and Apple stores will be selling the 3G iPhone.