Apple Store Robbed

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Wow they were fast and it looks like they had that well planned. But there are a couple problems for them, they don't have the chargers to charge everything they took not that if they sold them at a cheap price that someone would even care to have to buy one. There are the serial numbers Apple will be able to trace, and even worst for the iPhone and ipod touches that probably have find my iPhone on as long as they are on and connected to the internet it'll be solved in a day. Where I live it was just on the news how someone was robbed and they showed find my iPhone to the police who went, got it and arrested all of them. Apple could be able to find the iPhone and ipod touches through iTunes and could probably release a software update that would render the those macbook pros that were stolen unusable by using their serial numbers. As always they will get caught and then that store will have everything kensington locked, the metal grate store front, and a better security system(should have had in the first place). Where I am, even in the better areas, from what I remember anything that could be tethered to the table was so that you couldn't just up and walk out with it. I am sure Apple had amazing insurance on all of it anyway. It sucks that people have to steal things and can't just pay for it themselves.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Apple are stupid to not have the iPhones locked down with one of them cables and only have a ethernet cable which if unplugged makes a alarm sound.

Jun 30, 2009
Technology has made many things possible now a days. The way the guy traced the robbers is very intelligent. He has made the best use of his phone.

UpTheIrons

Bronze
Jul 15, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
I hope they catch those punks. That may negatively affect the way that people are able to buy the iPhone and other Apple products in the future.