Apple Store takes FOREVER TO SHIP!

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
So I ordered my 16 GB iPhone yesterday and this is what I get to look forward to:

iPhone 16GB-USA
Ships by: Mar 31 - Apr 2
Delivers by: Apr 2 - Apr 8

A REALLY LONG WAIT! Come OOOOOOOOOOOON! :mad::sick:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
So I ordered my 16 GB iPhone yesterday and this is what I get to look forward to:

iPhone 16GB-USA
Ships by: Mar 31 - Apr 2
Delivers by: Apr 2 - Apr 8

A REALLY LONG WAIT! Come OOOOOOOOOOOON! :mad::sick:
Aw that does suck! Do you live far away from an Apple store?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Yep, I would have just taken the trip. But I am an advocate of instant gratification :laugh2:

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
you could probably still cancel your order and go out there and get one...

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I think the closest one is in Dallas, Texas which is about 30 minutes away from where I live (Arlington)......
There is a nice fancy one in Southlake Town Center :) not too far from ya.

The Northpark store is my favorite. Take the 30 minute drive, it beats waiting a week! just make sure they have stock before you go.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yeah. I absolutely hate waiting for things to be delivered, especialy when they give you that BS processing time before they even ship it. That on top of paying a premium for shipping makes it seem like online orders should receive a discount. Well Apple offers free shipping but who wants free 2 week shipping? Absolutely ridiculous, they ordered you the most budget processing/shipping available. Probably costs them like a quarter.

ps Thanks for the info. I'll make sure never to order from Apple online!

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I'm pretty sure it's not going to take 2 weeks for you to get your new iPhone.

When I ordered my girlfriend's 8gb nano a couple months back, it told me the same thing about the "estimated" ship date.

I think it's the worst case scenario ship date. The nano came in 3 days later.

Wait a couple of days and see...Keep your head up! :cool:

jsskateboarder

Bronze
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
so js, are you going to cancel your order and go get one at a store?
Well I ordered the Power Crystal screen protectors along with the iPhone and that already shipped and since they were both in one order, I don't think I can cancel it... I'll just be a man and wait... After all, it is an iPhone, it's worth the wait... Right?..... ;)

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Well I ordered the Power Crystal screen protectors along with the iPhone and that already shipped and since they were both in one order, I don't think I can cancel it... I'll just be a man and wait... After all, it is an iPhone, it's worth the wait... Right?..... ;)
Haha yep, plus it gives you something to look forward to!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm impatient I wouldn't wait I love my iPhone too much :p

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Not iphone-related, but I like ordering hardware from Newegg. I live in Maryland, so I usually choose free 3-day shipping and get it overnight, since most of the stuff I order from them ships from New Jersey. :)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hey aggie, this is random but did you just switch from an 8gig to a 16 gig?
ahh kelley the queen of randomness... LOL
actually I sold my first iPhone in november to get the n95 I switched back to the iPhone in feb and got an 8gb iPhone. A couple days later they released the 16gb. I took the 8gb back and got the 16gb and paid the 100 difference. I've had the 16gb since the day it was released

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Not iphone-related, but I like ordering hardware from Newegg. I live in Maryland, so I usually pay for free 3-day shipping and get it overnight, since most of the stuff I order from them ships from New Jersey. :)
hmmmm you pay for free 3 day shipping huh? How much does free shipping cost? lol :p

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
ahh kelley the queen of randomness... LOL
actually I sold my first iPhone in november to get the n95 I switched back to the iPhone in feb and got an 8gb iPhone. A couple days later they released the 16gb. I took the 8gb back and got the 16gb and paid the 100 difference. I've had the 16gb since the day it was released
Haha thats cool. I had an 8 gig touch, and I got the 16 gig iPhone. Best decision ever! It is amazing how much fits on it! I know its only twice as much obviously, but it feels like more...