Apple stores have tons left...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Apple stores still have sufficient supplies of the iPhone. If you are looking to grab one, call your local stores. You might get lucky. I'm going to buy 2 more!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
so did my Apple store. I have no idea why prices are getting so high on ebay without a real supply problem.

my Apple store as of 10 pm tonight still didn't sell out. I am kind of kicking myself for getting there at 9 AM.

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Yep. My Apple store said they have ALOT...and the store was PACKED...I left the store at 10:30PM and they had a lot left.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I was at a ATT store where about 55 people were lined up, and the store only got 20. LOTS of pissed off people. I camped out 27 hours and was first so I have mine though.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I went to my Apple store at 2 p.m. today and there over 100 people in line. Went back at 9:15pm and walked right up to the counter and got my brand new 8 gig. GO TO YOUR NEAREST APPLE STORE IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ONE!

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I was the next in line when the AT&T store I first went to-near my work, sold out in a little under an hour. I was in the opposite direction from the Apple store and after the sell out happening in my face, I wasn't about to head over there potentially for nothing. So I headed home, but decided what the heck, I could drive by my local store. Turns out they still had 4 gb ones in stock, so at 8 PM I walked out of there with mine. Sure, I'd have taken an 8 gb one had there still been one, but it was my plan all along to go with whichever one I could get. Clearly my local store had more phones overall in stock than the other one. I'm just glad I could get one.

Jun 11, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Just got off the phone with the Apple store at The Grove here in LA and they said they've got a 'substantial' amount of both 4 and 8 gig iPhones available, and that they're open till midnite tonite. So that's good news for those of you in LA that weren't able to get yours at your local AT&T store.

phonedude

Jun 30, 2007
Went to the San Francisco Stonestown mall Apple store at about 9:00 PM Friday. Store was packed, but no line. Unfortunately, they were out of the 8gb model, and said they sold out about 10 minutes earlier. Plenty of 4gb models available, however. Apparently the same situation at the Union Square Apple flagship store.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
I just went back today (sat 12 noon) and picked up another one for my gf. They were running low on 8 gigs with plenty of 4 gigs left. Apple stores definitely got way more than ATT stores.

cbnash

Jun 22, 2007
Went to the Apple store in Tyson's Corner Va. this morning at 8:45 a.m., waited until they opened at 9:00 a.m. (only about 30 people in line). Had my phone in 25 mins. They seem to have a lot in stock at the moment.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Yeah, But in general, this was a pretty good launch.:cool:
I agree I think it was a great launch. I went to an Apple store and once I was waited on I was out in just 15 to 20 minutes, got home 15 minutes later, activated the phone and was up and running at 7:30pm. Not bad!

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
yes the one in Phoenix, AZ had A TON of them in stock. I literally walked in and 2 minutes later, walked out with an iPhone. It was the least painful experience I've ever encountered with a product launch.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was at a ATT store where about 55 people were lined up, and the store only got 20. LOTS of pissed off people. I camped out 27 hours and was first so I have mine though.
Heh -- I got to the AT&T store yesterday just past noon, and I was first in line. When I was the first to walk out of the store at about 6:08pm, I was greeted by applause from the others in the line. I found out today that the store had forty phones total.