Apple Stores running out of iPhones?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Sure is a convincing rumor that at a minimum something is up. Can't sell iPhones if you ain't got them in stock.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This could be indicative of a newer iPhone version in the works. Apple wouldn't really want to replenish stocks with an "old" device and then bring out a new one with tons of leftovers of the old, no one would want them except at a severely discounted price. I'll check my local Apple store and see what they have in stock.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
The Apple store I go to had a bunch of them, so no just another stupid rumor.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
The Apple store I go to had a bunch of them, so no just another stupid rumor.
Not necessarily. How do you know that the store you go to simply sells fewer iPhones than the 20 or so that have been contacted (and thus still happens to have a bunch in stock)?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I've been seeing these reports show up a lot lately. Some stores in California, New York and the Eastern Seaboard showing shortages...

"Apple is telling online shoppers it may take as long as seven days to fill their orders"

Sounds to me like we may know something in 7 days^, what do you think? That's next wednesday, let's see what happens!;)

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
funny i was at the Apple store in stamford yesterday and they were indeed out of stock...i didn't bother asking why or anything i just overheard the manager telling some lady that they get new shipments in everyday and they might/might not get more iPhones in depending on what Apple sends them on that particular day. just my $0.02

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
Not necessarily. How do you know that the store you go to simply sells fewer iPhones than the 20 or so that have been contacted (and thus still happens to have a bunch in stock)?
I was there 2 days ago and they had at least 20 of them, my Best buy has them, so I'm not seeing a shortage in my area.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Best Buy is selling them now? I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to check there in addition to the Apple store.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, I wasn't aware of that myself! You can just about get them anywhere around my house now!
Making it even more tempting! I don't even know how you've lasted this long without caving in. You sir, have amazing willpower.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I might be wrong about the I phone, but they sell the I touch.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
So maybe the I phone becoming more scarce, hmmmm is Apple upgrading The iPhone?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Best Buy does NOT sell the iPhone, period end of story. iPod touch, yes iPhone no.

And actually they are becoming more scarce at Apple stores. I was in the Knox store here in Dallas a few days ago and they had a couple each of the 8 and 16GB in stock the lady I spoke to said they have been running out from time to time. They still get frequent shipments almost daily but seem to get less of them than they were getting. Really it only makes sense, its the typical life cycle of a tech product. The iPhone has been out almost 10 months now. New product rumored to be out. Demand dwindles for old unit in anticipation of new device. Production and shipments of old device decrease. Not really any big news here.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Personnaly, I'm waiting for the Rolex guy down the corner to start pushing his fake iPhones.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Depleting the old stock before introducing the new model. Sounds like he car industry.