Apple Tablet Confirmed via McGraw Hill CEO

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just in case you were wondering if it's actually coming tomorrow...At about 2:50 in, he confirms it.

Last edited:

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I'm pretty sure McGraw Hill had to sign a NDA just like any major developer and to have the CEO voilate it is definitely not good.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
At least it's been confirmed now. No more specualtion.

All I want now is the specs of this little beast. I really want a new toy!

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Man this is a mystery what time is the announcement tomorrow? Is somebody gonna post a link on here? I doubt it will but i would love an optical out from the slate.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Apple did pretty much confirm it with their "major new product coming" announcement when they released their financials. It is surprising that he mentioned it'll run iPhone OS, but we all sort of assumed that would be the case.

Now, if he called the iPad or whatever it's called, that would be a major leak.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm kinda disappointed that he said the device would run iPhone OS. I was hoping for a tablet OSX device that could run all of my existing OSX applications (Word, Excel, Aperture, etc.) rather than a big-screen iPhone that only runs iPhone apps. Oh well, if this is the case, then I won't be waiting in line to get one :(

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
It starts at 1:00pm EST. Plenty of sites offering live coverage. We'll have a not-so-live live blog of the event with chat, etc.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/live/
Awesome thank you Chris
I'm kinda disappointed that he said the device would run iPhone OS. I was hoping for a tablet OSX device that could run all of my existing OSX applications (Word, Excel, Aperture, etc.) rather than a big-screen iPhone that only runs iPhone apps. Oh well, if this is the case, then I won't be waiting in line to get one :(
Same here unless the harddrive is just huge and it has optical out for sending music to another DAC i wont be buying one either. Id rather just have my iPhone that does all that, plus a netbook. If like you said it ran OSX i would be tempted for sure. I guess we will see tomorrow but i see no reason to buy one if you already own an iPhone. Maybe they got something up their sleeve lol.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think Apple wants the Tablet to do for 'old media, ie. newspapers, magazines, what the iPod did for music. I think that is the whole plan.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think Apple wants the Tablet to do for 'old media, ie. newspapers, magazines, what the iPod did for music. I think that is the whole plan.
That's exactly what I think and as far as the original topic, I am pretty sure Apple had something to do with that "leak".

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I'll be curious to know what format the tablet will use for eBooks. Will it force companies currently publishing ebooks to add yet another format to what the offer or will it read an existing format?