Apple Technical Support Phone #

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 5, 2007
Hey Everyone - I posted last night about the bottom third of my iPhone's screen being frozen. Still is, took my phone to the AT&T store where I purchased it, and was told I'd need to take it to an Apple Store for help. Well, I live about 2 and a half hours south of Chicago in Illinois, a pretty good trip. I'd like to just mail it in and I need the Apple Tech Support phone number so I can get the ball rolling. Does anyone have the number? Thanks!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Sorry to hear about your multitouch failure...I had the same ATT experience; they tell me all exchanges are through Apple....NOT TRUE, ATT stores have permision to exchange for hardware issues.

All the info you need is at appl.com but here is the number anyway.

1-800-MY-iphone

Goodluck.

Arezlee

Jul 30, 2007
So they can sell you the product, but can't help you in any way shape or form if it's defective? Way to go guys, great businesss.

Aug 5, 2007
So they can sell you the product, but can't help you in any way shape or form if it's defective? Way to go guys, great businesss.
Yeah, no kidding. I found that number and talked to a very nice lady though and they were wanting to send me to the Apple store all the way up in Chicago. I told here that was a virtual impossibility since it's nearly 3 hours to the North of me. She then talked to a supervisor or someone and they're sending me a pre-paid box to send into Apple for a fix or new phone. Not sure. An inconvenience to say the least, but at least it looks like my phone is getting fixed.

Like you, I was floored at the AT&T store when they told me I'd have to go to an Apple store for a fix. So you're telling me you can sell the phone, set me up with a plan, etc., but you can't fix it or exchange it for a new one? Ridiculous.

Aug 5, 2007
Sorry to hear about your multitouch failure...I had the same ATT experience; they tell me all exchanges are through Apple....NOT TRUE, ATT stores have permision to exchange for hardware issues.

All the info you need is at appl.com but here is the number anyway.

1-800-MY-iphone

Goodluck.
So what's the deal with the AT&T Store telling me they can't exchange? Is this a well known policy? I'd love to just go get a new phone tomorrow rather waiting for a box in the mail, and then days/weeks before my phone is mailed back. I'm thinking about calling the store and asking what gives.

Franco

Aug 6, 2007
You have a total of 14 days from the date of purchase to exchage or return your phone. After 14 Days, you do need to take it to a Apple store.
I would recommend buying an extended service plan just for piece of mind, that way you won't get a refurbished phone if breaks on you.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
You have a total of 14 days from the date of purchase to exchage or return your phone. After 14 Days, you do need to take it to a Apple store.
I would recommend buying an extended service plan just for piece of mind, that way you won't get a refurbished phone if breaks on you.

Wrong...the 14 day period is just if you want to return your iPhone for a refund and terminate service. Exchanges are different.

iPhonelover23-According to Apple corporate, ATT stores are supposed to be able to exchange faulty iPhones. Whether they do it or not is another question. I have called my local store in advance to see if they had 8gb in stock because i needed to make an exchange and they said yes we have plenty....10 min later at the store in person, they tell me all exchanges are done through Apple. Skip those clowns all together and use Apple.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC

Are you referring to Applecare Franco? If so you are wrong again. Applecare extends the warranty by one year. You stil need to pay the phone rental fee and this is not insurance...theft, damage, etc is not covered. Get your facts straight before you post bullshit.:(