Apple To Reject All Apple Watch Apps That Just Tell Time!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
A watch app that tells time serves no purpose. There's a difference between watch faces and a watch app. There's absolutely no reason for an app that tells time. From a user perspective, to have to go back into an app for the time makes no sense. Could you leave it on and just wake up? I suppose so, but it strikes at the core of how the watch is to be used. I don't fault Apple with this or no allowing fart apps.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
A watch app that tells time serves no purpose. There's a difference between watch faces and a watch app. There's absolutely no reason for an app that tells time. From a user perspective, to have to go back into an app for the time makes no sense. Could you leave it on and just wake up? I suppose so, but it strikes at the core of how the watch is to be used. I don't fault Apple with this or no allowing fart apps.
Your right. I would like to see more face options though.

Aug 1, 2007
Well I wouldn't call that "controlling"... LOL@Apple
Uh, exactly. For someone who just caved and ordered the Apple watch; I would've expected to be able to swap out my watch faces. The thousands to choose from on the Moto 360 is what made is FUN and new everyday.

Attachments

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
An app that just tells the time would technically work fine - as you could set the watch to wake on last app and just make sure you have it running. But this would be working outside the "Apple workflow" for the device, something Apple dislikes very much. This is likely why they are banning the apps. They will eventually open up the watch face screen to developers if I had to take a guess.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2007
An app that just tells the time would technically work fine - as you could set the watch to wake on last app and just make sure you have it running. But this would be working outside the "Apple workflow" for the device, something Apple dislikes very much. This is likely why they are banning the apps. They will eventually open up the watch face screen to developers if I had to take a guess.
Yeah, they hate anyone being able to have any freedom on their base UI. In reality though, it's a watch face. It just could be a way to exploit the watch for jailbreaking and that wouldn't go over so well.