Apple TV 2 Question.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I wouldn't even buy another one, I'd just move the one I already own into another room,

Considering the size of the ATV 2 they're pretty portable. All you need is power and HDMI cable.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
For a second TV?
Yup for the bedroom TV. Just thought since I was gonna spend $1300 whats another $99 lol

I wouldn't even buy another one, I'd just move the one I already own into another room,

Considering the size of the ATV 2 they're pretty portable. All you need is power and HDMI cable.
Im a sucker for convienience - I have my living room home theater setup so when i turn everything off - it actually sets the receiver to the input for the Apple TV. This makes Airplaying music out of my home theater system even when its "off" a breeze. Example: This past new years I had a big party at my place and had a bunch of friends stay over (no drinking and driving under my roof) - a bunch of them slept in the living room and when i woke up in the morning I airplayed a smooth Kenny G rendition of Auld Lang Syne to wake everyone up from my iPad 2 in the bedroom to the living room theater.

Oct 3, 2009

My ATV is all in my entertainment center and connected. I wouldn't want to have to pull the cords out and move it every time I wanted to use it. Besides, if I have it then the family can't use it.

I want another one so I can hook it to my projector and have wireless KeyNote and PowerPoint presentations from my MacBookPro. That's a feature I am really waiting for.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
This one does audio and video. It works, I have used it.

http://www.dinodirect.com/HDMI-to-VGA-3-RCA-Audio-Video-AV-Adapter-Cable-1-5M.html?cur=USD

I'll be getting another ATV when they allow Mac airplay.
Can I do this? I was told to just buy the atv1, and forget about the atv2? I really want the Apple tv 2! Best buy said I can't connect it, my tv is from 1998 hitachi, full surround sound with just the 3 cables in the front (yellow, red, & white). please help! Best buy has them on sale till saturday and I want one! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Can I do this? I was told to just buy the atv1, and forget about the atv2? I really want the Apple tv 2! Best buy said I can't connect it, my tv is from 1998 hitachi, full surround sound with just the 3 cables in the front (yellow, red, & white). please help! Best buy has them on sale till saturday and I want one! Thank you!
Sent from my iPad using iCafe app
It 'should' work. Other than the pain in the butt if it doesn't work to your expectations is the return process.
While your at best buy getting the atv, checkout a new TV ;)

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
It 'should' work. Other than the pain in the butt if it doesn't work to your expectations is the return process.
While your at best buy getting the atv, checkout a new TV ;)
lol thanks roofmonkey! No I wouldn't trade this tv for anything! 63 inch inside of a whole wall unit, I love it. Plus it's projection, I like the way it looks compared to a lot of the LCD ones lol.

Oct 3, 2009
Should work but i'm not sure on your tv if you can change the aspect ratio. I had to change the projector I was using so it looked right.