Apple TV 2 Update 4.4.1

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
my Apple TV will not update it says it is up to date and then when I try to restore it is unable to do so at this time try again later I hoped with last nights update it would change no such luck

never mind I just saw I guess they pulled the update ? I guess I try the next release

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
imutter, yeah, I guess Apple pulled the ATV update. I just tried to update for the first time in several weeks and it says that the firmware is up to date. I'm on 4.3.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I'm a newbie when it comes to AppleTV, I just got mine about a week ago, so how do I update my ATV to the newest software release? Do I have to plug it in to my iMac and connect it to iTunes or is there a setting that will allow me to do it over Wifi while it's still connected to my TV? Thanks for any help!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Ok, I'm a newbie when it comes to AppleTV, I just got mine about a week ago, so how do I update my ATV to the newest software release? Do I have to plug it in to my iMac and connect it to iTunes or is there a setting that will allow me to do it over Wifi while it's still connected to my TV? Thanks for any help!
Turn the ATV2 on and select Settings-Software Update and let the ATV2 do the rest :)

You will need an internet connection, either through Ethernet or wifi.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll update my ATV later on. Any new features?
Fixes for the bugs that were in 4.4 and 4.4.1. If you skipped 4.4 like me, the new features include mirroring with the 4S, Photo Stream compatibility, Trailers , Wall Street Journal Live and National Hockey League content. If you are running 4.4 or 4.4.1, be sure to reset all settings before doing this update since both of those firmware versions cause problems with updating.
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...v_4_4_2_and_macbook_pro_15_video_updates.html

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'll hold off for now then, I'm in no rush to update. I've finally got everything working as it should do. Still miffed about the iPhone 4 and iPad 1 mirroring.

Oct 3, 2009
I'll hold off for now then, I'm in no rush to update. I've finally got everything working as it should do. Still miffed about the iPhone 4 and iPad 1 mirroring.
According to 9to5 or MacRumors (can't remember where I read it) There are several reports of failed installs. Some claim to be temporarily bricked requiring a PC to correct.

I'll wait.