Apple TV / credit Card vs credit balance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

debbiep

Bronze
Mar 11, 2010
Was going to watch a movie on my Apple TV today, but it kept asking me for my security code on the back of my registered credit card instead of me being able to utilize the credit I have in iTunes. Help anyone?

Sent using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That doesn't sound right at all. Have you tried logging out of your ATV and logging back into it with your iTunes account?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
This normal I always try to keep a good balance on iTunes (I buy them on sale and load up) and it has always asked for that code on my credit card whenever we have an ios update (iPhone iPad ATV). This is just another way to protect us. You should just have to enter it once not every time you make a purchase unless there is a TOS change/update.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is the Apple TV new or did you log out and then back in? It asks for the security code that's associated with your credit card that's on file when you first log into your account from a new device even if you have an iTunes gift card balance available. It's just so it can bill you if your gift card balance drops below zero and to protect you in case someone else tries to use your account from a device that is not yours. You can go into iTunes and remove your card that's on file if you don't want to have to input the security code on the Apple TV.