Apple Unleashing iOS 9, OS X El Capitan Public Betas Today

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Rafagon, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

According to Ars Technica, betas for the general public for both iOS 9 and El Capitan should be available to any user with an Apple ID interested in installing them.

Unknown.png images.jpeg

You can sign up for the public beta here. You'll be given a configuration profile to install, which will enable your phone or tablet to grab the iOS 9 OTA just as it would see a standard iOS 8 update. New public beta builds should follow every few weeks, and you should be able to upgrade from the iOS 9 beta directly to the "Golden Master" build of the OS on release day without wiping your device.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm downloading and installing it now. Actually for the past 2-3 hours. It's still in process.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1436483170.794157.jpg

3. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

Mine took no time at all. Pretty fast

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not sure then for my case, but I do know that Apple beta website was very slow. :p

I haven't dived into the new OS yet very much, but I love the swipe for mail to mark as read and to delete. Also, the beachball loader...and the updated spotlight to show you much more, and to understand sentences.

#4 MoneyMaker79, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I've also jumped on the El Capitan train and right away, it's more responsive than Yosemite. I've yet to play around with all the new features.

6. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

The first install did show any Iso 9 at all. I sent apple feedback . This morning was update 9.1 and it fix it.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 3.39.27 PM.png

Today, Apple has unleashed Public Beta 2 of both OS X and iOS.

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 3.39.37 PM.png

8. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

Maybe this will improve things a little more

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

With the public beta 2, has anyone else noticed an extreme battery drainage?

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The third Public Beta of OS X El Capitan has now been released by Apple.

No word yet on a third Public Beta of iOS 9.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

For you does it show in App Store you installed beta 3? For me it doesn't. These updates for me have been odd and I have to reinstall the original then the 3rd or whatnot.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm on Yosemite. I haven't worked up the courage to install El Capitan betas yet—and I may just end up waiting for the real thing in the fall. It's not too far away.

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Oh ok. My App Store now tells me I installed public beta 3. As far as what you said, I just like being on beta. I feel empowered. :ROFLMAO:

14. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I just like having a sneak peek before anyone else. That is why I install beta software.

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I think this is where I put my foot in the mouth. It's not always great to have the most current version of software. After using El Capitan for a week, I started to experience several issues from compatibility issues to the system reporting that it was always busy. The all too famous wheel would not stop spinning with any operation, so as a last resort I reverted to Yosemite using a Yosemite install drive and Disk Utility to erase the partition and install Yosemite. I'm going to wait for the release of El Capitan in September. That is enough beta testing for now.

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've had a few rainbow wheel issues, but it didn't continue for long. Once was when I would open notification center, but all has been fine besides a few slowdowns.

17. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Mine continued for hours... to the point where I could not get anything done. That's where I draw the line.

18. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I agree. For me it's not terrible, but last night I did have to put computer to sleep and log back in.