Apple vs windows? what do you think?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 21, 2007
iPhone VS Windows

We're still months away from the official launch, but the iPhone is already drawing various comparisons to other mobile phones.For the most part, both phones can perform the same tasks. The Windows phone actually beats it out with a few extra features like a built-in radio, but where the iPhone wins, I think, is in integration.

what do you think APPLE OR WINDOWS?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
If it weren't for Apple there would be no Windows. Who do you think does all of MS's R&D? Without Apple we'd all still be working on computers that were a command line operating system. :eek:

p9939068

Bronze
Apr 19, 2007
I think we have to wait till we see what WM6 has to offer. One thing that WM is certainly better than the iPhone is the support of 3rd party software developers. However, the iPhone wins in aesthetics hands down.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I would qualify that statement to say, "As of this initial offering WM6 supports 3rd party software better than the iPhone." What I read into all the statements made so far is that Apple is erring on the side of having a completely stable system at launch. They know that they have to add functionality to the phone for it to be a viable in the long run.

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I would qualify that statement to say, "As of this initial offering WM6 supports 3rd party software better than the iPhone." What I read into all the statements made so far is that Apple is erring on the side of having a completely stable system at launch. They know that they have to add functionality to the phone for it to be a viable in the long run.
I have owned 3 windows mobile phones in the past few years. One was WM3 and the other 2 were WM5. All three phones were REDICULOUSLY slow doing absolutely everything. Programs took ages to load. The internet (even with 3g) was slower than on my Palm 680 (tested loading the same website that neither phone had visited before starting at the same time) because WM is so laggy. WM5 was supposed to be far better than WM3 but honestly, i saw no improvments in the problems i had with my first WM phone. I highly doubt Apple will have the same sort of problems (at least i hope not!)

p9939068

Bronze
Apr 19, 2007
I have owned 3 windows mobile phones in the past few years. One was WM3 and the other 2 were WM5. All three phones were REDICULOUSLY slow doing absolutely everything. Programs took ages to load. The internet (even with 3g) was slower than on my Palm 680 (tested loading the same website that neither phone had visited before starting at the same time) because WM is so laggy. WM5 was supposed to be far better than WM3 but honestly, i saw no improvments in the problems i had with my first WM phone. I highly doubt Apple will have the same sort of problems (at least i hope not!)
I believe that to be a hardware problem more than a software one. I have an atom, atom exec, and recently got an atom life a month ago. The exec's 520 mhz processor was a huge improvement from the atom's 416 mhz, and the difference is obvious. However, with the atom life's 624 mhz processor, it just blows your mind away. You can play multimedia files while running other apps with no significant lag at all.

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
Apple and Microsoft take completely different views to their products. Microsoft only does the software, and believes that there should be a wide variety of products with the same OS so that they all work together.

Apple believes that the OS and machine/device should be made by the same company so that the device works like a single unit, and there is never any worries about drivers or incompatibility.

I believe Apple's view is best, however it means that they have double the work to do for one device unlike microsoft or hp who only need to make half the device each.