Apple warning on the EiC app.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I spoke to Apple about getting my 5th replacement today and he tapped into my iPhone remotely and told me that the EiC app could cause problems as his diagnostics told him the app seems to crash a lot and "hang" quite often. He also said that I was still multitasking the app even when it wasn't in my multitask bar. Don't know if this is all true I'm just passing on the message.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Tapped into your phone remotely?
And I'm gonna call BS on their part about the eiC app.
I could be wrong, but that just doesn't sound right.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Apple support could see your phone's workings when you need help, they give you some sort of link for it that you visit through Safari.

As for the EiC app, yep, I admit it does crash a bit + things in it not working well [Profile] I don't think it could get away from Apple's sandboxing.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Illusion...5th replacement? Didn't you get a lot of your 4s replaced too? I find it really hard to believe that one person could get that many lemons. One or two...I'll buy. But when you're hitting double digits, I think it's just you searching for perfection in an imperfect world.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
So that makes 20 iPhone overall right?
Lol what a waste.
I suggest you delete the EIC app do it doesn't damage any more phones. Or use that S2 you have laying around because you couldn't return it.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Hey Apple tapped into it remotely. It has to be legit. Quit questioning him.
LOL no, I'm actually trying to understand. Words with friends is set to push and it's running lower than the EIC app. So I'm just pointing out what the system app is giving me.
I'm not exactly sure how to read that.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
So that makes 20 iPhone overall right?
Lol what a waste.
I suggest you delete the EIC app do it doesn't damage any more phones. Or use that S2 you have laying around because you couldn't return it.
Look. I'm not attacking anyone or anything. I am just telling you all what the guy said. It could be BS. The thing is I get a lot of lemons. I don't believe it as much as you guys do. I don't like it either. I seem to get bad problems. Hence the need to get a replacement. Please stop bombarding me with hate because I posted what an Apple rep said. I got lucky with my 9th iPhone 4 which was perfect. I get dead pixels and everything. On my current 4S the earpiece is shot again and I have 5 dead pixels dotted around the screen. Most of my 4S replacements have been down to dead pixels. I have had good luck with my MBP which is perfect in every way. So please stop guys. As I said I am only passing on a message.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
They are probably worried since we know more than those so called "geniuses"

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Did they replaced your phone?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Why did you bring in the phone? Sorry it doesn't say, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this lol

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yes. Was it to do with your phone constantly crashing or the pixels. Sorry, they are so many lol

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I quit the eiC app AND cleared it by double tapping the home button, etc... It was NOT showing as a running process on my phone.

Preparing to have a major vent below:
May not be my place as I'm just a plain old user here, but maybe a lot of people need to rethink before they post. I, for one, am getting real tired of all the bashing going on in here. I am speaking of the ENTIRE forum, not just this thread. This is supposed to be a place to get / offer help and chat in general.
Something tells me a mod(s) are come in and start really cracking down on this crap. Can't we all just agree to disagree on our differences and act like the adults that we are?
We all cut up and 'usually' have fun in here, but it's getting REAL old. I have seen brand new users make comments similar to this as well.
Chris has created one of, if not THE, best iPhone / Apple related forums out there and it is starting to die a slow death by all this bickering and s#%t!
Do a google search on an iPhone issue and 95% of the time eiC is on the first page for info. Do we really want people looking for help to pop in a thread and see this crap? I sure don't.
Again, it may not be my place, but as a more than regular user here, I had to say something.
/end vent