Apple watch cases and bumper thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Apr 19, 2015.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Let's start talking about cases and bumpers! Here's a nice one for those in construction and areas where the watch may take some punishment
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1429470018.713475.jpg

2. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I cringe at the idea of locking something this beautiful up. It makes it so bulky and ugly. I saw this one and just had to shake my head. So ugly! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429536732.334606.jpg

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

It's all fun and games until you scratch your $500 watch against the concrete wall you're trying to demolish at work LOL!! I agree, I work in an office and would not cover it there but when I fly and work in the field I'd love some added protection against bumps and possibly the elements if a weather proof version emerges. I like the utility aspect of these bumpers.

#3 liberated, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I understand the concept kind of. If I worked in construction maybe. But even then do you really have a need to wear your watch at a construction site. I can see it now. Big burly men at a construction site yelling "Hey Siri" at the top of their lungs because she can't hear them over the jackhammers. Lol! Personally I'd just rather not wear my watch in those situations.

5. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

It's an Otter Box for the watch.... I see nothing wrong with it....

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I respect your opinion and can add that I have seen just about every demographic use their electronic gadgets while on the job no matter how tough or damaging to the devices, there's no reason to believe Apple watch will be any different :)

7. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Still just shaking my head!

8. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I agree that some will and there is a market for "bumpers" it's just that with a phone it's almost a necessity nowadays, where as the watch is an accessory. Neither changes the fact that they're unattractive.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Fact? More like opinion, an opinion that I actually share, nevertheless I do see the utility here. As far as a phone being a necessity, I don't agree, I'm a child of the 80's and I made out just fine without a cell phone.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

We all did fine without them in the '80s. Things were different then. Nobody expected you to have one, texting hadn't become more common than phone calls and payphones were everywhere. Yes, you can live without one, but it would be a pointless hardship. Are you going to give up your cellphone to prove your point?

11. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Where has our sense of aesthetics gone?

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Still you failed at making the point that the phone is a necessity. Food, Water and Shelter are necessities. Are we really arguing about this silly point? All I was trying to say is that people get their gadgets because they want to and will eventually justify their utility once they find a way to incorporate them in their life. But I think we can agree that the vast majority of the worlds population is doing just fine without a phone.

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I ask myself that very question with every otterbox I see :D

14. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Steve Jobs and Apple had a sense of aesthetics when they set out to design all the wonderful little works of art we carry. Now if only they would have had the foresight to make us sign a waver stating we would never hide these gems in hideous rubber boxes.

No, I'm not a troll, really. And I'm not ranting. I just really don't get it. I don't get 80% of the world these days. Don't even mention "Crocks"! Am I really suppose to wear these on my feet....IN PUBLIC.... With SWEAT PANTS????

(I'm gonna get it for that one!)

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You think I was trying to say a cell phone is up there with water on the list of basic necessities? I don't think you read my post very closely. I just edited it a bit to make it more clear.

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

My apologies if I misread your post, I was trying to make the point that a phone is no a necessity

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problem. I don't think anyone here would claim that it's a necessity like water. It's weird that I even have to clarify something as absurd as that. I knew exactly what he meant by "almost a necessity." It's not something we would easily give up. It's become a very import part of communication in our lives (even though it's not life-threatening to go without it).

18. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

A little off topic for this thread but what about screen protectors for the Apple Watch? I haven't seen any mention. Imagine trying to use the squeegee to remove the bubbles. O_o

EDIT: I should have put this in the Screen Protector for Apple Watch thread which I just now saw. My bad.

19. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I'd beg to differ. My job would almost be non-existent without a cellphone. That's how I get all of my deliveries throughout the day. A job that gives me a paycheck to afford Food, Water, and shelter. Hence a necessity. Lol

20. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

This one is too bulky, it looks like an airplane seatbelt and screams nerd wanna be alpha nerd who's never had and never will have a girlfriend and doesn't care so good for him nerd!