Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The submersion test was good!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I watched this last night and wasn't very impressed with their testing. Why not take it down to the bottom of a swimming pool where there is more pressure rather than boiling it? I also wish they had done better drop tests. I really don't care how it does with ten condiments poured on top of each other - that's unlikely to ever happen. I would like to see drop tests done at increasing heights on a few different types of surfaces, with attempts to make it hit face down until it shatters. I realize drop tests aren't extremely valuable due to the conditions of each drop varying, but they do have some value in gauging durability.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I watched this last night and wasn't very impressed with their testing. Why not take it down to the bottom of a swimming pool where there is more pressure rather than boiling it? I also wish they had done better drop tests. I really don't care how it does with ten condiments poured on top of each other - that's unlikely to ever happen. I would like to see drop tests done at increasing heights on a few different types of surfaces, with attempts to make it hit face down until it shatters. I realize drop tests aren't extremely valuable due to the conditions of each drop varying, but they do have some value in gauging durability.
I agree, the condiment test was just silly. The submersion test was good to see, but I wonder if water damage becomes more apparent later as water seeps into it slowly...

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I also agree. Makes you think Apple dictates how they are tested. 90% of what was done to it would never happen in a real world situation.

But just wait. In the coming weeks we will hear all sorts of horror stories about damages to the watch. I wonder if they will bend like the 6 plus? (Sarcasm)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
First test results from Consumer Reports are great. I was surprised about the heart rate monitor results.