Apple Watch destroyed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Apr 25, 2015.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

The submersion test was good!

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That was entertaining to watch. :)

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Brain damage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I watched this last night and wasn't very impressed with their testing. Why not take it down to the bottom of a swimming pool where there is more pressure rather than boiling it? I also wish they had done better drop tests. I really don't care how it does with ten condiments poured on top of each other - that's unlikely to ever happen. I would like to see drop tests done at increasing heights on a few different types of surfaces, with attempts to make it hit face down until it shatters. I realize drop tests aren't extremely valuable due to the conditions of each drop varying, but they do have some value in gauging durability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree, the condiment test was just silly. The submersion test was good to see, but I wonder if water damage becomes more apparent later as water seeps into it slowly...

6. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

I also agree. Makes you think Apple dictates how they are tested. 90% of what was done to it would never happen in a real world situation.

But just wait. In the coming weeks we will hear all sorts of horror stories about damages to the watch. I wonder if they will bend like the 6 plus? (Sarcasm)

7. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

First test results from Consumer Reports are great. I was surprised about the heart rate monitor results.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator