Apple Watch sales plunge

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
If we all started a company selling widgets at the price points of the Apple Watch, and if our sales at launch matched the Apple Watch sales, and if sales dropped after launch to the present Apple Watch sales levels, we would have a very, very successful company. It's all relative.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If we all started a company selling widgets at the price points of the Apple Watch, and if our sales at launch matched the Apple Watch sales, and if sales dropped after launch to the present Apple Watch sales levels, we would have a very, very successful company. It's all relative.
Apple would have continued to be successful if they hadn't made the watch at all or even if it completely failed. It's not like the watch is their best selling product or one that they rely on. Yes, those numbers would be extremely impressive for one of us if we had just started a tech company, but they have so much going for them that a new business can't really compete with. The numbers aren't that impressive for a new Apple product, considering where they currently stand in the world. I'm sure this drop off is disappointing to them. I doubt they sugarcoat it and look at it in relative terms considering how much better they did than some startup company could have done.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I would think the drop off would be totally expected. I would think everyone that really wanted one would get on in the beginning. Then others would slowly trickle in for the next 6 or 7 months. I would have never expected a huge continuous sales trend.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I would think the drop off would be totally expected. I would think everyone that really wanted one would get on in the beginning. Then others would slowly trickle in for the next 6 or 7 months. I would have never expected a huge continuous sales trend.
Drop offs are expected. It happens with the iPhone as well. It's just that the watch sales dropped off a lot sooner and with a much higher percentage than many anticipated. It's still the best selling smart watch to date.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I do love my Apple Watch. Hands down the best Smart Watch I have had. I think it loves me too. I can tell by the way the little heart beats when I check my Heart Rate. However this is like my iPad and something I would not upgrade every year as I do with my iPhone. Yeah, I have to have a new one every year. But with the watch and my iPad. I can't see them adding anything to it to make me want another one.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I do love my Apple Watch. Hands down the best Smart Watch I have had. I think it loves me too. I can tell by the way the little heart beats when I check my Heart Rate. However this is like my iPad and something I would not upgrade every year as I do with my iPhone. Yeah, I have to have a new one every year. But with the watch and my iPad. I can't see them adding anything to it to make me want another one.
So a thinner design with better battery life, a higher resolution screen, built-in GPS and WiFi for less reliance on the iPhone, improved waterproofing, a camera, faster processor, heart rate monitoring improvements, and a long line of gorgeous new bands wouldn't get ya and you could allow yourself to be seen with last year's watch on your wrist? :eek:

I'm holding out for halographic messages, a 3D projector and a transporter. :D

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
So a thinner design with better battery life, a higher resolution screen, built-in GPS and WiFi for less reliance on the iPhone, improved waterproofing, a camera, faster processor, heart rate monitoring improvements, and a long line of gorgeous new bands wouldn't get ya and you could allow yourself to be seen with last year's watch on your wrist? :eek:

I'm holding out for halographic messages, a 3D projector and a transporter. :D
I'm holding out for a driving interface.. I want to be able to drive my car from my watch. All that sounds good, but what made me get goose bumps was a Transporter!!!
A self contained personal transporter would make me buy a new one.