Apple Watch Series 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by imutter, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I know that Mindi's number didn't change. It took a while for it to start working, though.

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Ok I remember now. I did do this for my Google watch. I use a data sim only from project fi and number synced my iPhone for calls.
    So my watch was connected to my pixel phone and received calls from my iPhone. I got confused because when I used the At&T's sim for the watch I got a number and it was a disaster. I got spam calls every 10 min and no way to turn it off (I could have reported each individual spam number through AT&T). I also paid the $10 a month.
    Now I pay only data used with a data sim from project fi.
    Number sync works on all apple watches, iPods and iPads.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Series 1 is very similar to series 3, but the 3 is so much faster that I would definitely recommend it for most activities you mentioned.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

The day after the event announcing the changes, I was at the local radio station picked to up some prizes. I was talking with the receptionist about them and she was discussing how excited her son was for the changes. One of the DJs was sitting on the couch, and when he realized you could make phone calls on the watch without a phone, he piped up and said, “You mean you can go full Dick Tracy with it??”