Apple Watch Weather

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ZR_Yancy, Jul 4, 2015.

1. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I've been using the default Weather app on the watch which is basically the weather app from the iPhone. I'm not sure which station its pulling weather info from but it has never been accurate for me. I use BeWeather 2 on my iPhone for weather conditions and forecasts because it allows me to choose from multiple weather stations in my surrounding area. Naturally, I choose the closest to get the most accurate info. Unfortunately, BeWeather 2 hasn't been updated for the Apple Watch yet so I now use Dark Sky which provides the most accurate weather conditions on my watch. It's been raining heavily with lightning for about half an hour now but the stock weather app hasn't indicated this at all. The Dark Sky watch app does so I've removed the stock weather app from glances. It's too bad they don't offer the option to choose weather stations. Dark sky at least chooses the closest weather station according to my location.

Stock Weather
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436034285.675902.jpg

DarkSky
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436034302.196305.jpg

On another note, I go to the beach and Rivers a lot so I like to know what the tide is. I found a nice app that supports the Apple Watch called "Tides". I like the little things like the animated water on the watch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436033999.226000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436034009.474114.jpg

2. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

I tried to find Dark Sky. What I found was an app for night time photography.
    That's not the one, is it?

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Dark Sky - Weather Radar, Hyperlocal Forecasts, and Storm Alerts by Jackadam
    https://appsto.re/us/nhD1E.i

4. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks. But I found that it is not available to the Canadian market. Oh well!