Apple Web Apps Site Is Now Live!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Okay. So here's a question: Apple has decided to go with WebApps, vs. 3rd party apps on the iPhone, at least at this time. Wasn't one of the reasons that Steve Jobs claimed Apple did not want to allow 3rd party apps, is due to the possibility of "shutting down" AT&T networks due to overload or something? I'm not sure, but wouldn't webapps be much more likely to overload the system then would installed 3rd party apps? And before you jump down my throat and accuse me of Apple bashing (I'm not), it's just an honest question. :p

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
you have to pay for some of these?!
that just makes me want to mod more..

JUST looked through the list and there is an:
Ovulation Calendar 10/11/2007 Calculates the time of ovulation and generates your personal fertility calendar.

i can't wait to use that one..

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
all of these are old apps that you can find on Appleolis.com. My dashboard has a bunch of programs that are still there... prior to my modding days. ;)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
So Apple finally gets around to listing Web apps, on a non-iphone-friendly Web site, three months after it was already done--better--by the likes of Appleoppolis and MockDock? Am I missing something here? What does this add that has not been available before, in a better format (to anyone, not just modders)?

--
Mike

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
So Apple finally gets around to listing Web apps, on a non-iphone-friendly Web site, three months after it was already done--better--by the likes of Appleoppolis and MockDock? Am I missing something here? What does this add that has not been available before, in a better format (to anyone, not just modders)?

--
Mike
that's exactly what i'm thinking. WHY are they wasting their time, and making something SO mediocore when there is SO much more left to be fixed on the phone?!

this has caused me much aggrivation:mad:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I can't wait to be in one of the Apple commercials and talk about how the web apps website has changed my life!
I can see myself in that commercial,

"I used to be able to play Virtual Pool on my Treo. I was also able to download various apps to my phone and use them w/o internet. But NOW I know when I am ovulating, and well, nothing beats that."

BTW - I am a dude. :p

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
http://www.vtap.com/

Anyone tried vtap out? It's on Apple's web app list.
It's like youtube. It seems to be playing flash files. I know you can play Dailymotion files if they are quicktime format but I didn't know the iPhone can play flash files. Unless it's not flash.

Am I not understanding something?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
that's exactly what i'm thinking. WHY are they wasting their time, and making something SO mediocore when there is SO much more left to be fixed on the phone?!

this has caused me much aggrivation:mad:
Just curious. In your photo, are you the one with the long hair or the short blonde hair? :laugh2: