Apple won't solve my problems

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by dyessd1, Oct 13, 2014.

1. dyessd1

dyessd1 New Member

I have been an android user for many years. I switched over to Apple iPhone 5C because I saw that a lot of my friends had one. I should’ve just purchased another android. My phones internet is a lot slower than another person I know who has the same service provider. Seriously, it takes fourteen minutes to play a four minute YouTube video. When I first got the phone, I was told I could keep my contacts but I lost almost all of them because of compatibility issues. I already sort of knew that iPhones usually don’t bring customers a lot of value, you’re buying a logo and the phone after all. I thought I would be able to use facetime and iTunes, though. It just isn’t worth it, though. The hardware specs are barely competitive with my old Motorola, and that was cheaper. My old phone had cool, interactive wall-paper on my home page. It was able to play four minute videos in four minutes. I could down load so much more stuff for free. I always have trouble logging with my apple ID (I always have to change the password for some reason) I just really regret ever buying this phone.

Even if Apple wouldn't return the phone, you would think they would at least try to solve a few of the problems...

Apple Support Communities
    Hi David (aries45212),
    Thanks for participating in Apple Support Communities.
    We removed your post Can I just take my phone back so I can go back to android? because it contained rants or complaints that weren’t constructive. We understand wanting to share experiences, but these forums are meant for technical questions that can be answered by the community.

Now I'm just ranting.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, to be honest, talking the iPhone down because you're having a problem with it won't exactly bring people out of the woodwork here to help you. :) And don't go all speccy on us. Numbers on a sheet of paper don't prove a thing.

I understand your feelings, but I wouldn't blame the iPhone in general, since most of us aren't experiencing your issues. It could be that your individual iPhone has an issue. Have you tried calling Apple support? They're generally very helpful and could possible solve your issue. Apple has some of the best customer support in the business (and it's not just me saying that). Give them a call and see what they say. I know it's frustrating to be having a problem with your new phone, but give Apple a chance to fix it by giving them a call at 1-800-MYAPPLE.

#2 Napoleon PhoneApart, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  3. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Actually, I've found Apple support forums quite helpful. It sounded like you post may have been deleted because you weren't asking for help, just ranting... You may want to try again, and ask (or do a search for) specific questions to the problems you are having...

Secondly, I have been an iPhone owner since 2007, but I would have a ton of questions if I moved to an Android phone. Contacts, music, passwords, etc. could take a person a while to master if you're used to one OS and had to learn the tips and tricks with a new one.

Hang in there, you may like the iPhone after all...

4. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Right now i have both a iphone6 and my old note3 tested them on the same network with the same sim card. and my note3 runs a bit faster when doing a speed test. with that in mind the iphone is no slouch and has no problems running youtube videos smoothly. so i do think you have an issue with your unit. and as far as getting use to the apple eco-system you have some new things to learn. i find the apple way of doing things i.e. itunes is a very antiquated way of doing things. there is no file system per-say so you can't really create file/folders and when transferring files you can't just plug it straight to your computer or a usb device and start transferring. it has to go through itunes. if i am wrong which i truly hope i am can someone please tell me how to without using itunes.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can create folders on iOS and drag and drop via USB or over WiFi with App Store apps. We've been able to do this as long as I can remember. A lot of Android users think we are completely reliant on iTunes when in reality a lot of iOS users don't even have iTunes installed on their computers. The only time you really need iTunes is when you need to restore.

6. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

Can please give the name of the app or apps i need to accomplish this? thanks in advance

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Take one issue at a time. You sound overwhelmed by the new OS. We can help you with your issues. But start with one question, then go from there. And welcome to iCafe!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

8. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

As someone who daily uses high end android phones and an iPhone. You just weren't educated or haven't self educated yourself on iOS. I don't mean this in a mean way, some people JUST SHOULDNT switch platforms.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold