Applecare 1st gen replacement?

Jul 6, 2007
So I've had my 4gb iPhone from week one, purchased the Applecare protection plan and am starting to have some problems.

There is a white spot under my screen almost like a group of dead pixels, my vibrate switch goes crazy at times and doesn't work or just keeps switching to vibrate and back by itself while not moving, and my volume up button on the side needs to be pressed really hard to work.

Now, if I was go and try to get a replacement would they be able to replace it with another 4gb iPhone or how exactly would that work?

Do you think I'd have any problems getting a replacement from my listed problems?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I imagine that the stock of 4 GB iPhones is pretty low, if any at all. I imagine they might replace your iPhone with an 8 GB but I certainly wouldn't plan on it. They might actually take your phone and send it off for repairs as opposed to replacing it as it could be more cost effective for them.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I work at an Apple store...

You would get the same 4GB replacement iPhone.

Jul 6, 2007
I work at an Apple store...

You would get the same 4GB replacement iPhone.
Thanks, that's basically what I needed to know. When I get by an Apple store(which could be a month or two) I'll try to get a replacement.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
Just make sure you back it up before you go...

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I had asked an Apple genius a similar question in the past (hoping to get a free upgrade when supply ran out:) but I was told that they even have backstock of 1st gen ipods to replace if necessary!

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I had asked an Apple genius a similar question in the past (hoping to get a free upgrade when supply ran out:) but I was told that they even have backstock of 1st gen ipods to replace if necessary!
They do keep a lot of old equipment on hand for that purpose. My daughters 1st Gen Nano took a dump and they had a refurb at the store.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I just traded out my 160 GB iPod Classic because the battery life started to diminish. Traded it out on the spot.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
LOL ... Gotta love the toilet humor ... Poopin iPods, flushed iPhones ... We were talking about cheese yesterday.