AppleCare+ and iPhone 7/7 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by EverythingApple, Sep 20, 2016.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Who has this for the iPhone 7/7 Plus? Is it worth it? $129/2 years with $29 deductible for screen only or $99 for replacement. I have always purchased it but don't know if I should this time around.

The terms and conditions reads they only allow two replacements per phone for the whole term, than they cancel the plan:

ADH coverage will expire and all of Appleā€™s obligations to you under this section 3.2 will be fulfilled in their entirety before the end of the Plan Term when Apple, as a result of ADH claims, has provided to you two (2) Service Events. ADH coverage only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. drops and damage caused by liquid contact) that arises from your normal daily usage of the Covered Device as intended for such Covered Device.

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

My theory has always been that either you buy a case, or you by the AppleCare PLUS. In the past, I've done the AppleCare+, and it has served me well.

This time, I think I'm going with the case.

3. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I was considering buying Apple care for the first time. I didn't buy it when I ordered my phone because AT&T couldn't sell it to me. Does anyone know what I will have to do to buy it? It has to be online since the nearest Apple is 2 hours away.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Go online and purchase it through the apple store once your new phone is all activated and set up. It will ask permission to send and run a diagnostic test on the phone, which basically makes sure you haven't already dropped it in the toilet. As long as the phone passes the test, your AppleCare is activated. You must do this within 30 days of receiving your phone.

5. chavezr6

chavezr6 Member
    Bronze

I went with this program for the simple fact that I wanted to keep my unlimited data and this was the only way to do without entering AT&T's crappy Next program which is close to the same price but without the unlimited data or AppleCare.

6. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Thank you!

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have not done insurance for the iPhone. The worst ever happens is screen damage and those repairs are not to pricey. Out of 3 iPhone's in my family this happens about every 1 1/2 years to one of us.
    This year I am getting a plus model and the bigger phones tend to slip out of your jeans pocket easy. I also own a Nexus 6P and have already twice used the insurance.
    I am looking at other options specially one covering theft .
    I wonder if anyone is using WAG ?
    https://www.worthavegroup.com/product/tablet-insurance/
    USAA is offering now insurance too . The deductible is quiet high so.
    https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/insurance_mobile_phone_protection?akredirect=true
    they go through Fortegra
    http://www.protectcell.com/Device-Protection.aspx

8. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

My wife and I are long time users of iPhones and iPads. I have always purchased AppleCare and the benefit has exceeded the cost. It just boils down to do you want to assume the risk of bearing the cost of repair or replacement or shift that risk to Apple. We keep our products for several years. If you upgrade every 2 years it may not be worth it.

9. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

The AT&T store told me when my phone comes in than I can purchase the AppleCare+ since they have to activate it with the IMEI #.

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I decided to go with Apple care after checking details about the other options.
    I took the box unopened with the phone not activated to the Apple store and was able to purchase AppleCare

11. MCube74

MCube74 New Member

I purchased Apple Care+ from my Carrier the day I got my iPhone 7 Pus 256gb (Jet Black)

12. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I was able to purchase AppleCare+ via phone call to Apple the day after I got my 7+. They had me run some diagnostic while they were on the phone and this apparently confirms that there was nothing wrong with the phone. I don't know how the diagnostic would tell them if my screen was cracked, but whatever works for Apple?