Applecare + and Verizon Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robb Muller, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Robb Muller

Robb Muller New Member

I have asked the question in so many places and google searched about a million times, so excuse me if this is a repeat.

I was not given the opportunity to add Applecare + to my order on the Verizon site at time of purchase. Initially I was told that it was a Verizon thing and not available to me, then I was told it was a Verizon website thing that Apple did not clue them in to add to the purchase. Now I was told that I can take my phone with the receipt to an Apple store after the 14th but before 30 days and purchase the Applecare + option. Has anyone heard anything regarding this. I have read in multiple forums that it can be bought after release from an Apple store if you were not given the option during preorder.

Thoughts?

2. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I got an email from Apple a couple days ago stating that they noticed I did not have the option to purchase AC+ at time of checkout and gave me the option to purchase it. I bought my phone through the Apple Store App
    Tom

3. Robb Muller

Robb Muller New Member

See, that is the difference...I ordered mine through the Verizon store.

4. tc2000chartreader

Bronze

I got the same email that FuelieNova did. I use American Express to buy my phone and they double the warranty, but to an additional year, so I get 1 year from Apple and a 2nd year from Amex. What you don't get is the on phone support beyond the 90 days if you don't go with Applecare, but I think we get alog of support here instead. There are many smart posters here.

BTW, I tested this recently. I have a 3Gs that I am finally undating. Back in May when Apple pushed out the latest iOS update to get rid of privacy tracking and syncing, my wifi/bluetooth antenna range went down to minimal and my GPS took forever to lock in and many times that wasn't correct. Apple told me it is a hardware issue, but I told them it worked perfectly until the update. They said the new software sends a certain signal to the antenna and looks for a specific response and it was getting it but it wouldn't lock in. Anyway, I contacted Amex. Then had me get a repair estimate from Apple (as if I would repair it) which ended up being a replacement cost of $199 + tax. I faxed that along with my original iPHone purchase receipt and a copy of the warranty coverage in the book that comes with the iPhone and Amex credited my card for the $199 + tax in a day. Since I get a new phone at least every 2 years or less, this works great for me.

5. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

Wow I didn't know that about Amex! I used mine to order the iP4S
    Tom

6. Robb Muller

Robb Muller New Member

OK, so after searching the forums and calling 2 local Apple stores I am all set. Once I have the phone I/we have 14 days to head to you local store with phone and receipt and purchase the care plus for $99.

Now I just need the phone :)