AppleCare & AT&T Next

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I am going to use the Next plan to upgrade. I used to get Squaretrade warranties, but recently I have been sticking to the Applecare. Since Applecare is for two years, can it be terminated with any refunds if the phone is sold after a year. Or even traded in after a year? Also, is it transferable to an ebay or CL buyer?

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Gosh, I am sorry for clogging up the board.

Reading is fundamental . . .

9. Cancellation

You may cancel this Plan at any time for any reason. If you decide to cancel this Plan, you may call Apple at the telephone number below to do so, or you may send or fax written notice with your Plan Agreement Number to AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714-9125, U.S. (fax number 916-405-3973). You must send a copy of the Plan’s original proof of purchase with your notice. Unless local law provides otherwise, if you cancel within thirty (30) days of your Plan’s purchase, or receipt of this Plan, whichever occurs later, you will receive a full refund less the value of any service provided under the Plan. If you cancel more than thirty (30) days after your receipt of this Plan, you will receive a pro rata refund of the original purchase price. The pro rata refund is based on the percentage of unexpired Plan Term from the Plan’s date of purchase, less (a) a cancellation fee of twenty-five ($25) dollars or ten percent (10%) of the pro-rata amount, whichever is less, and (b) the value of any service provided to you under the Plan. Unless applicable local law provides otherwise, Apple may cancel this Plan for fraud or material misrepresentation. Unless applicable local law provides otherwise, Apple may also cancel this Plan if service parts for the Covered Equipment are not available, upon thirty (30) days prior written notice. If Apple cancels this Plan for the unavailability of service parts, you will receive a pro-rata refund for the Plan’s unexpired term.

10. Transfer of Plan

Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) you transfer to the other party the original proof of purchase, the Plan's Confirmation, the Plan’s printed materials and this service contract; (b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN: Agreement Administration, MS: 217-AC, 2511 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-405-3655 or agmts_transfer@apple.com, respectively, and (c) the other party accepts the terms of this service contract. When notifying Apple of the transfer, you must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial number of the Covered Equipment , and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.