AppleCare & iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I imagine there will be Applecare. They have it for ipods, imacs, macbooks, macbook pros, mac pros, so why not the iPhone?

I think that att stores will have it availiable too. I once got Applecare on an imac from compusa back in the stone age.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If I buy my iPhone at the ATT store, will I still be able to get Applecare?:cool:
Even if you buy it at At&t, you'll still have to register it when you sync it with iTunes. iTunes will recognize the serial number as soon as you plug it in and will Apple will know that the device is brand new and has never been synced before. If they do offer AppleCare, then this would be the time to purchase it.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Applecare will be available for the iPhone. Apple makes an absolute fortune off Applecare!

Just no AT&T insurance to cover theft, loss, drops, etc. ...just like all the other superphones :(

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
what would Applecare actually cover on this phone?
If it is offered, and if it's the same as Applecare for other Apple products, it would extend the standard manufacturers warranty and phone support to three years..as opposed to the 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
If it is offered, and if it's the same as Applecare for other Apple products, it would extend the standard manufacturers warranty and phone support to three years..as opposed to the 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support.
And I am sure you will be able to buy Apple care on line or when you call in to register iPhone.
I have done this withl all my Apple purchases in the past....Alot of them too...

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have been reading the legal for Applecare and here are some things to consider if it is offered:

b. Limitations The Plan does not cover:
(i) Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or installation, removal, repair, or
maintenance of non-Covered Equipment (including accessories, attachments, or other devices
such as external modems) or electrical service external to the Covered Equipment;
(ii) Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including
faulty installation, repair, or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized
Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment (including extreme
temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation or
surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;
(iii) Covered Equipment with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed;
(iv) Problems caused by a device that is not the Covered Equipment, including equipment that
is not apple-branded, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Covered Equipment;
(v) Service necessary to comply with the regulations of any government body or agency arising
after the date of this Plan;
(vi) The provision of replacement equipment during the period when the Covered Equipment is
being repaired;
(vii) Covered Equipment that has been lost or stolen. This Plan only covers Covered Equipment
that is returned to Apple in its entirety;
(viii) Cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment including but not limited to scratches, dents
and broken plastic on ports, that does not otherwise affect its functionality or materially impair
your use;
(ix) Consumable parts, such as batteries, except in respect of battery coverage under APP for
iPod or unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials and workmanship;
(x) Preventative maintenance on the Covered Equipment; or
(xi) Damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded in the Covered Equipment.
When providing repair or replacement service, Apple will use reasonable efforts to reinstall the
Covered Equipment’s original software configuration and subsequent update releases, but will
not provide any recovery or transfer of software or data contained on the serviced unit not
originally included in the Covered Equipment.

Basically Applecare is not as complete as typical cell phone insurance, where you usually have $3-$4/month premiums and a $50 deductible that covers theft, water damage, etc.....non of which is included in Applecare. For me my biggest concerns are scratches and how it will hold up to daily wear and tear, which none is covered in Applecare. The only reason I would purchase Applecare for an iPhone would be to hedge against any first revision bugs.

Sep 27, 2007
I work at a Apple service center and...

You May purchase Applecare from www.apple.com/Applecare.
Then insert serial number and enroll your product.

*if youy don't enroll your serial number your fucked after 1 year. or go through a pain in the ass faxing receipts, and tryin to get the Apple care verified. dialing 1800sosApple

- All hardware is covered unless u drop in water.
- They don't cover back up of data.
- Their main focus is to deliver u a working product back. they don't care about data on equipment, but with iPhone u probably got it all on your machine.
-